Tincup's 63 Dart w/5.7 Hemi

-
Damn, I think I just sh*t my pants. The car is looking cool as hell. Do you know what the minimun size wheels are required for the rear disc"s? Seeing those bad boys on your car is making think even harder about going with the rear disc conversion.

Thanks 5.7, send me the cleaning bill. The wheel size depends on the size rotors you go with. I have the 12.19" rotors at all 4 corners, you need at least a 17" wheel to clear. If you go with the Ford Explorer rear rotors, they are only 11", so you could probably get away with 16" wheels.

Hey did I see your car in the latest Popular Hot Rodding?

Don't tell us you got magazine coverage already?

Well congrats on the coverage. I hope to see it in it's finished state in the mag also. As I know it is gonna be jammin!

Car looks bitchin. Great work. Cannot wait to see the finished product

Well I couldn't resist rolling it outside to snap a few pic's, plus it gave me a chance to sweep out the garage.

100_1731.jpg

100_1732.jpg

100_1734.jpg

100_1735.jpg

I think I'm going to move the rear axle back a bit....

Torshion bars!!! We don't need no stinkin' torshion bars......

100_1736.jpg

Now you got a place for the exhaust to run thru. That car is sitting nice, rim/tire combo looks bitchin' with that body style.

2 days now and notta peep from ya, what the heck is going on? I sure hope you've been busy working on that beast.

if you want more power out of the 5.7L let me know i have that motor in my 06 charger and i can hook you up with part deals and lots of upgrades

definately headers, and underdrive pulley, and some worked heads. if you become a member on either LXforums.com or chargerforums.com you can get some group buys on parts for the motor sometimes up to $100 off retail price.

i have a streetable sidewinder comp cam in my car but there is some major ones out there for like 399 for the cam. only problem is you need to replace the headbolts any time you take the heads off and also the suggest you upgrade to 6.1L springs in the heads. not a hard install to do and would be really easy with the engine out. i did mine with the engine in the car and it wasnt too bad

if you want more power out of the 5.7L let me know i have that motor in my 06 charger and i can hook you up with part deals and lots of upgrades

Thanks for the tip, for right now I am going to leave everything stock till I get it running and work out all the bugs. But after that, ??? BTW I am a member of LXForums, I sold my 05 Magnum RT to finance this build.

2 days now and notta peep from ya, what the heck is going on? I sure hope you've been busy working on that beast.

This weather is really sucking out my motivation, I don't feel like doing anything. We have had nothing but rain for the entire month of June. However I did get my crossmember finished, and the floor pans trimmed and ready to go in. I got the motor up on the engine stand (had to remove the wiring & intake so I would not break any of the plastic). Just waiting on my oil pan so I can test fit the motor and trans.

What do you think of the rear location? should I move it back some?

which K frame are you using, i am looking to do a hemi swap to my 63 vert and am figuring the cost right now

Nice job on the work so far. I can't wait to see you finish it up and drive it.

I'm in the process of planning for my wheel upgrade on my '65. I like the look & stance of your wheel/tire choices.

Can you tell me your front tire size and front and rear wheel sizes (diameter, width, backspace). If I recall your rear tire is 285/40-18.

Thanks,

Doug

Nice job on the work so far. I can't wait to see you finish it up and drive it.

I'm in the process of planning for my wheel upgrade on my '65. I like the look & stance of your wheel/tire choices.

Can you tell me your front tire size and front and rear wheel sizes (diameter, width, backspace). If I recall your rear tire is 285/40-18.

Thanks,

Doug

Doug, the fronts are 205-50-17 on 17 x 7" with 5" BS. The rears are mounted on 18 x 10" with 6" BS. Hope this helps...
BTW, that rear wheel and tire combo will not fit without doing a mini tub..

Ok, I have officialy become jealous. I just got the August issue of Popular Hotrodding, and what do I see on page 64? Do you have no shame? Why didn't you say something? Again, I'm jealous, envious, and glad to see it in a national mag, congrats!!!!!!!

Doug, the fronts are 205-50-17 on 17 x 7" with 5" BS. The rears are mounted on 18 x 10" with 6" BS. Hope this helps...
BTW, that rear wheel and tire combo will not fit without doing a mini tub..

Thanks - Yah...mini-tubs for me someday...same time I move the springs in and narrow the rear and re-do the custom 2.5" exhaust out the back.

In the mean time I'm looking to replicate a similar stance. I figure can stuff a 245/45-17 on 17x8 w/4.5 BS in the rear and 225/45-17 on 17x8 w/5.62 BS on the front. I'm trying to push the fronts in as much as possible and present the illusion of the fronts being smaller (less exposed lip) vs. the rear.

Your pictures just reinforced my plan. Thanks again.

Ok, I have officialy become jealous. I just got the August issue of Popular Hotrodding, and what do I see on page 64? Do you have no shame? Why didn't you say something? Again, I'm jealous, envious, and glad to see it in a national mag, congrats!!!!!!!

Hey 5.7, I have been thinking, you spend a lot of time on here keeping everyone working, what are you doing? How about some pictures of your ride? what trans, rear, are you using? Let's go, I need some info....

I would like to post some pics here, but every damn time I try, this site says my pics are too big (I guess pixel size is whats it's refering to). Now if someone can tell me how to "shrink" them I will gladly post some. Check out the b body forums and go to 1962-1965 look for "late model hemi into early b bodies". Sorry about "craking the whip", I just love to see cars being worked on and also to see what people are doing to their cars. If I have over stepped, I do apologize, I just like to see cars in progress.

One more thing, this is your thread, and I dont want to over step.

-
Back