Tincup's 63 Dart w/5.7 Hemi

-
Tin, you are one sick and twisted guy, the mods your doing are SWEET. Gas cap is is off the hook, and I look forward to seeing the final product. One last thing, quit complaing about the heat.....just kidding!

Hey Tin. I have just looked at all you have done and I am really proud of you. You are doing a great job there. I am also happy to see that 5.7 Hemi has been around to give you some aggravation. I know I haven't been around for a while but I should be keeping up now. I Just have faith that everything is going to go good from now on. Keep up the good work.

Lime, glad to see you back here. I was starting to get worried.

Well, I got the inside of the hood and trunk painted today. I took some pic's but they came out bad, it was too dark. I'll post some when I can get them out in the sun.

Hey Mike I am glad that I didn t slow you down by talking to much to day car is looking great.:supz:

Can't wait to see some pics. I thought that I would be ready for paint by this coming 3day weekend, well it's not gonna happen, working way too much. So I will live vicariously through you...lol.

Hey Tin I know you are running a custom tank, but are you using the original filler tube? If yes what mods did you do to the filler tube to prevent fuel sloshing out of the side. I think Layson's or someone has tried to put a plate in the tube that prevents back wash on the panel.
What did you end up doing. Jayson
I spent a little time in the machine shop and came up with a new gas cap. My old one is for sale in the classifieds if anyone is interested.

Hey Tin I know you are running a custom tank, but are you using the original filler tube? If yes what mods did you do to the filler tube to prevent fuel sloshing out of the side. I think Layson's or someone has tried to put a plate in the tube that prevents back wash on the panel.
What did you end up doing. Jayson

Hey Jayson, I am planing on using the origional filler tube which has a plate of sorts sticking out of the bottom of it. To be honest, I never really gave it much thought.

Just to prove that I've been working here are some pic's of the doors painted and my new trunk springs.

I like the struts, gives it a "high end" look.

Just to prove that I've been working here are some pic's of the doors painted and my new trunk springs.

Hey Tin, did you use 0ne or two struts? You have a part # and source for those struts? I may be interesting using the same thing in the convertible.

Did you see my hood modification to get rid of the torsion springs across the front of the firewall? My hood opens and closes so nice with no screeching.

Great mods man. Can't believe my resto has taken so long either, but something new always comes up that I want to change or make better. I'm sure you're in the same boat :toothy10:

Hey Tin, did you use 0ne or two struts? You have a part # and source for those struts? I may be interesting using the same thing in the convertible.

Did you see my hood modification to get rid of the torsion springs across the front of the firewall? My hood opens and closes so nice with no screeching.

Great mods man. Can't believe my resto has taken so long either, but something new always comes up that I want to change or make better. I'm sure you're in the same boat :toothy10:

Hey Dave, you can get any gas spring combo you want at McMaster Carr.com they have any length, lbs, or end mount you can imagine. I also have a set for the hood. As for what lbs to use, well that get's a little involved, but the good news is they are only about $14 ea so if you have to order a couple different weights no big deal.

i like the struts for the trunk. ive been thinking of doing somthing with my hood and trunck. the noisy stock ones deff. have to go.:cheers:

I had some new hood hinges machined up, what do you think?

I like 'em, cool idea. I think I might scam it...

No Need to scam it, I could send you the solid part file. BTW I'm back onboard with Shawn. He contacted me and we worked it out, so I should have a new rendering soon.

-
Back