Tincup's 63 Dart w/5.7 Hemi

-
Tincup I think the summer goes to California :)

i am hate f...... coold weater for my bones :-(

I will do my wiring system and the brakes in winter

Mike, Love the build and was wondering when your going to post a few pics of the wiring harness and ecu... I just bought a 6.1 SRT 8 and trans out of a Jeep with the engine/trans harness..... just wondering what I may need to get that engine running............ any help would be greatly appreciated!
Mark

Hey Mark, I probably won't get to the wiring for a couple months. My main focus is going to be underneath the car. I need to get the trans in, brake lines, gas lines, etc. If you have any questions, call Chris at Hotwire, he can help you out with anything you may need.

Tincup I think the summer goes to California :)

i am hate f...... coold weater for my bones :-(

I will do my wiring system and the brakes in winter

I'm going to Ca. next month, I'll let you know if it is warm.....

Do I detect a hint of jealousy? It is getting colder now, today was 70, damn near had to get the furlined jacket out.lol!

i hope the east coast stays warm this winter, so i can get out in the garage,,i need my street rod back up and running

Attachments

• 75% smaller.jpg
    68.2 KB · Views: 1,138
Hey Mark, I probably won't get to the wiring for a couple months. My main focus is going to be underneath the car. I need to get the trans in, brake lines, gas lines, etc. If you have any questions, call Chris at Hotwire, he can help you out with anything you may need.

I will, thanks......

Yah, it hit 80 today, no wind, just a nice cool day here in SoCal.

I talked to Chris yesterday and I have to tell you...... you were correct when you said Chris would be able to help me out..... nice guy.... I'm pretty sure I will use the hotwire set up....... now I have to find a trans because the nag1 needs 5 computers to get it to work!

dang tin, when are we gonna get some photo updates? just curious. car **** is what we live for!

I talked to Chris yesterday and I have to tell you...... you were correct when you said Chris would be able to help me out..... nice guy.... I'm pretty sure I will use the hotwire set up....... now I have to find a trans because the nag1 needs 5 computers to get it to work!

2005+ 545 RFE Dodge Ram 1500 2wd w/Hemi. You can run your motor and trans from 1 computer and use a Diablo to tune both.

dang tin, when are we gonna get some photo updates? just curious. car **** is what we live for!

I've been spending most of my time messing around with the hood. Trying to get the gas shocks to work properly was a real nightmare. But persistence pays off, now I can move on to bigger & better things. I did work on my inside door emblems, you know the ones that cover the vent window holes.

Attachments

• Picture 179.jpg
    67.1 KB · Views: 1,379
Tin Cup

Great build ! Looking Goooooooooooood !!!

You mentioned using real carbon fiber on the spoiler. It seems that carbon fiber doesn't like UV rays and without the right UV protection it will degrade.

The guys at Chevy had to come up with a special clear coat for the carbon fiber top on the ZR1. You should be able to get it.

Keep up the great work.

I've been spending most of my time messing around with the hood. Trying to get the gas shocks to work properly was a real nightmare. But persistence pays off, now I can move on to bigger & better things. I did work on my inside door emblems, you know the ones that cover the vent window holes.

tin these emblems are KOOOOL

Tin Cup

Great build ! Looking Goooooooooooood !!!

You mentioned using real carbon fiber on the spoiler. It seems that carbon fiber doesn't like UV rays and without the right UV protection it will degrade.

The guys at Chevy had to come up with a special clear coat for the carbon fiber top on the ZR1. You should be able to get it.

Keep up the great work.

A couple coats of PPG clear should provide all the UV protection it will need.

Here are a couple pic's of the hood springs. I had no choice but to move them up into the engine compartment. I really wanted to hide them behind the fenders, but the have to work right first. I also have been putting in the sound deadener, it takes a long time, but I think it will be worth it in the end.

Attachments

• 003.jpg
    61.3 KB · Views: 1,321
  • 004.jpg
    78.2 KB · Views: 1,291
  • 002.jpg
    73.7 KB · Views: 1,283
At least you used the original torsion spring holes. Nice work

wow i am stocked , what a great post to a great car , i am more the oldschool guy but i love this one :)

-
Back