Tincup's 63 Dart w/5.7 Hemi

-
Well if I keep altering it, there would not be a reason to have it on, so then I could smooth out the intake manifold amd paint it to match the timing cover and booster. Hmmm-that does pose an interesting thought!!!

Were is that oil pan? Did they ship it back yet? Common lets get r done.
I called them monday, and as it turns out the guy I ordered it from dropped dead of a heartattack last weekend at the races. So the place is a little screwed up right now, I'll give them another call today.

Did you send yours back to them? I just hope that they make everything good soon. I hope the guy that dropped is not the owner, because then it will be a while. Lets just hope for the best.

Well, have you got any news on the pan?

Glad to hear that. It's nice when a company will take care of a problem no matter how big or small.

Pulled the oil pan and boxed it back up, will ship out tomorrow. I received a call today, my gas tank is on the way, should have some **** for you guy's in a couple days. I have just about finished my wife's screen porch, so hopefully I can get back to work on the car. Got to keep the CFO happy otherwise she will start checking my books, and we don't want that.

NFW.......you'll have to hire a mob accountant to bury all the BS you spent already.

Hurry up and finish the porch so you can burn the books..

Do I hear embezzelment????????????????????????????????

There is a bunch of the build under fat blue fish build.

I am actually going to take it out for test drive #3 today.....I had to readjust the pinion angle since the OD tail shaft is so long....we made a boo boo and set up the 4 bar based on stock tail shaft location. Also anyone have any issues with engine vibration transferring through the body/steering using the AlterK front end with the solid (E-body spool type mounts?)

It seems like I still have vibration issues so I go back and tear into it some more.

Input please.

Doing 500 things at once = Completing 1 pile of shiz.

I PROMISE GOOD PICS AND UN-SHAKEY VIDEO SOON!.

100_2100w.jpg

That's an awsome looking machine, is it on bags?

Mostly on the lift......LOL

Yes Shockwaves with 4 way valves

If I ever get to put some miles on it that are on a road, I will give you full details on plus and minus.

You can see a plus already.

I have some details on my thread...Fat Blue Fish Build.

Sorry about the shameless plug.....I digress.

Moving along....

That is a bad a$$ machine!!!!

500 inch Hensley Race Motor.

Solid cam solid rollers runs on 50/50 race gas mix.

Have not hit it hard yet....pedal only allows 3/4 pull back on throttle as I had it chromed and it changed the leverage angle so I am re-banding it today along with a few other mods.

I am working on it along with other issues.....come see me at.

http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?t=53653

You can read the saga and feel my pain.

I'm shameless. Sorry about hijacking your thread as well....

Mop

OK guy's, here is a question, what type of fuel sending unit do you use with aftermarker gauges (SW, Auto Meter)??? Does anyone have any experience with the Intellisensors ( no moving parts)?

My question would be what would fit into a stock gas tank for a sending unit....and why would they not work with aftermarket gauges....are you running a cell?

IF so I would think the makers of the gauge would have a sending unit or at least factory support to help find one.

I am using my stock gauge and sending unit but I would love to know this answer as well......my next project is gonna be a gasser cuda.

Mop

My Dolphin gauges came with ALL senders, I suspect the ohm for the fuel is gm, been awhile so I'm fuzzy on that.

Love your car Tincup!I,ve had mine for 8 months now and can,t stop working on it.Winter,s coming and will be time for a sroker and mini-tub.Before and after pics.

trim 013.jpg

car pics 66 Dart 004.jpg

most fuel cells and after market sending units are 0-90 ohm,,,GM,,
From what I've seen, most aftermarket gauges require a 240-33 ohm sender. There are a few that have the 0-90ohm (GM) or 73-10ohm (Ford). I'm using a stock tank that has been modified with an internal high volume electric pump (for the 5.7). I don't know what the ohm output of a stock Mopar sender is, ( unfortunately I don't have my old one) does anyone have a old sender laying around you could throw an ohm meter on?

Love your car Tincup!I,ve had mine for 8 months now and can,t stop working on it.Winter,s coming and will be time for a sroker and mini-tub.Before and after pics.
Looking good PBD, it will look even better tubbed (and crank down those torsion bars) to get the front a little lower.

-
Back