Tincup's 63 Dart w/5.7 Hemi

-
It's progressing slowly, I'm down to the last quarter panel and that is almost done. I did make an executive decision that will set me back a few days. I decided to remove the pinchweld moulding that goes over the tops of the quarters and up and over the roof. It was going to be the only stainless left on the car, so I decided it has to go. I am doing some fab work on the front valance, I am taking out the marker lights, and replacing them with a set of Hella driving lights ( the lights would be so low, that nobody would see them anyway ). I have ordered the headlights with the marker lights built in.
I hope to have it in primer in a couple weeks. The stuff that takes time is the trunk jambs, door jambs, ( I found some rust in the door jambs that had to be patched ) the roof rails, you know, all the little stuff.....

I hear ya. I found some factory holes on the fire wall that need to get welded up, how did I miss these when I put the engine in the first time?

I just went through this whole thread and wow...awesome job!! Keep it up and we want more car ****!!

I got the new Popular Hotrodding in the mail today and seen your car in there again!!!! Contgrats man:cheers: Sharp lookin ride

I got the new Popular Hotrodding in the mail today and seen your car in there again!!!! Contgrats man:cheers: Sharp lookin ride

Thanks, i haven't received mine yet, can't wait to se it.

Not real exciting, but here are a few pictures of the car as it stands. Just about finished with the right rear quarter. The pinch moulding has been removed, now all it needs is some primer and blocking. I was hoping to have it in primer this weekend, but probably not, the wife and I are going to the Goodguy's East Coast Nationals in NY. I'll take some pic's.

Picture 143.jpg

Picture 145.jpg

Picture 146.jpg

Picture 142.jpg

I just received my August Issue of PHR and I found this!

PHR Picture large.jpg

I'm proud of you, and jealous at the same time.

Hello Mike Congrats from Germany !
And I say it once again Sweet and Candy , i love your car .

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Tin. how goes the " Famous " Dart?

It's getting there, finally finished the body work, now on to fitting all the panels. Then block the whole car again with 220, then 2K prime, take the panels back off, trim paint everything. Put em back on, block again with 400, prep for paint. It's a good thing I don't do this for a living, I would be fired for taking so long. Spent some time fitting my rear spoiler, it will be covered in real carbon fiber when it's done...

PHR Picture 005.jpg

PHR Picture 004.jpg

PHR Picture 006.jpg

PHR Picture 003.jpg

PHR Picture 002.jpg

Nice touch with the rear spoiler. I have been trying to decide what to do with my '68 fast back. I really like the Richard Petty's Garage rear spoiler for the new Challanger also.

big cinema here!!
I like your job -- cool stuff -- I built an 63 nova ragtop with an 445hp LS1 and Borg Warner 6speed - 315x17 tires at rear - so I know what you're doing
--as said - great job!!

-
Back