Tired of my distributor cap.

-

cudaspaz

Reaction score
I was looking at getting a different dizzy and spark box because I really hate the top loader lids on the mopar style caps and my wires always work their way out.
I like the MSD style with the angled wires at the cap with the retainer ring.

Do they make a different cap that will work on a stock style dizzy.
If not I'm gonna probably go with a pro billett and MSD box.

I was looking at getting a different dizzy and spark box because I really hate the top loader lids on the mopar style caps and my wires always work their way out.
I like the MSD style with the angled wires at the cap with the retainer ring.

Do they make a different cap that will work on a stock style dizzy.
If not I'm gonna probably go with a pro billett and MSD box.

I had the same problem with my 8mm wires what I did was I took a zip tie around my boots pulled tight there not going anywere now.A Jerry rig but works.

RobMC use to sell an adapter to run a magnum style (male ends) distributor cap. Not sure if he still has them.

I just don't understand how the hell all of us drove cars in the '60s and '70s. According to some of you guys, we were always stopping in the road, replacing points, doing tuneups, and putting stuff back together.

My point?

Might not be the cap. Might be. Might be something else, like the quality of the connectors, or they're not getting in tight, etc.

I saw that Mallory sells a kit to convert their Mopar dizzy to a cap with HEI terminals.

I dislike the female style cap also.

Steve

I just don't understand how the hell all of us drove cars in the '60s and '70s. According to some of you guys, we were always stopping in the road, replacing points, doing tuneups, and putting stuff back together.

My point?

Might not be the cap. Might be. Might be something else, like the quality of the connectors, or they're not getting in tight, etc.

we drove around, and by modern standards our cars ran like crap most of the time

MSD was the best thing I ever did. I run it on all of my cars. 6A, 6AL, Boost master, And a Digital 6, Over the years I only ever had one bad Blaster II coils. I also have a MSD HV on my Duster. extreme RPM's and never skips abeat. I madified a procomp VW beetle distributor to use a MSD system on my omni. I swear by MSD. and will use no other on my cars. I am not saying others are not as good. This is just what I use and would recomend.

Attachments

• DSCF0171.jpg
    121.1 KB · Views: 184
  • aomni22[1].jpg
    142.1 KB · Views: 206
i use the msd super conductors and i swear, they never pop off the cap. ive used all kinds of caps too.

-
Back