to hot to race

-
Hmm portland oregon,,, too hot??? how hot was it?? race in 90*+ degree weather here when it gets that warm.

It was 97° yesterday and today 100° ! Exactly ! 97° in portland oregon ? We're not used to that. My friend and i loaded the car and ran for the shade about 3 in the afternoon . I was thinking "forget this!" Unloaded car - ran in the house (ac blowen) i was thinking about how this would be with long pants, windows closed, and a helmet ! NO WAY !! As I've got older i don't take the heat well anymore. View attachment 20150704_142503.jpg
the car did make it out of the driveway - barely

That is hot. While our southern members may be laughing at that temp, it is all realitive. What is a normal average for you? How much over?
All that balk at the temp add the difference to there average high and think twice.

Don't like racing when its that hot either...best thing about the northeast for racing 60's in the spring and 50-60's in the fall carbs love that cool air that and the fact my track is only 90 above sea level..you can keep that heat in the south and west..

It was 97° yesterday and today 100° ! Exactly ! 97° in portland oregon ? We're not used to that. My friend and i loaded the car and ran for the shade about 3 in the afternoon . I was thinking "forget this!" Unloaded car - ran in the house (ac blowen) i was thinking about how this would be with long pants, windows closed, and a helmet ! NO WAY !! As I've got older i don't take the heat well anymore. View attachment 1714827296

I know the feeling!

It was 97° yesterday and today 100° ! Exactly ! 97° in portland oregon ? We're not used to that. My friend and i loaded the car and ran for the shade about 3 in the afternoon . I was thinking "forget this!" Unloaded car - ran in the house (ac blowen) i was thinking about how this would be with long pants, windows closed, and a helmet ! NO WAY !! As I've got older i don't take the heat well anymore. View attachment 1714827296

I would probobly race in that weather but T&T noway!
You only have to wear the long pants for about 11 or 12 seconds:burnout::glasses7:

In Vegas they race after 8 PM during the summer.Also do what is called midnight mayhem races.

That is hot. While our southern members may be laughing at that temp, it is all realitive. What is a normal average for you? How much over?
All that balk at the temp add the difference to there average high and think twice.

Should be in the mid to high 70's and a few crazy hot days in august. Our test and tune is Fri. -sat. Night 530pm - 10 . I have to race next weekend and it's supposed to be in the low 80's. If it was a race day i would have left early in the morning and had a chance to get used to it, but loading up in the heat of the day with the air conditioned house/COUCH so close !!??? Well ......

Yea we here are used to that, I've ran in 97 degree weather which makes for 105+ on the track, and sometime ran in 100 degree weather during the summer. Sit in line with the ac on on the caradio i raced with ac lol

^^^my car is gutted for racing - windows up, helmet on, and long pants !
On a 97° day it's like 120°~135° in the car

Yea can only imagine, even with the ac as soon as it's off goes really hot fast

here in Wy, were complaining when it over 85 degrees........But then again we complain much more when it 30 degrees Below 0(-30) in the winter!!!!!

June 27 race in Vegas...started time trials at 8 pm...still 109...track temp was 144 ......

I would love 97 degree temp...probably have to put on a jacket ....

-
Back