To Rally or not to Rally

• yes convert a dart to Rally dash

Votes: 74 58.7%
  • No, leave the original dash the way it is

Votes: 52 41.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
-
I'm going to follow along to see your decision because I am actually redoing the dash in Nella's 67 Cuda convertible right now. I have a complete extra dash and some extra parts, and I am doing a bench rebuild and drop-in along with a windshield replacement. I'll start my own thread with pic's and follow along with yours if you decide to go Rallye!! Geof

Me personally, I'm not a fan of originality. Times and technologies have changed and stock leaves much to be desired in a daily driver.

Things like turbo chargers, disc brakes with slotted and crossdrilled rotors, front AND rear sway bars, polygraphite bushings... The list goes on.

That being said, keep the stock gauge cluster and if you need, do something neat to it like color match it to the interior. They just look cooler!!! How many cars have you ever seen with a sweeping style speedometer? Few. How many have you seen with a speedo that rotates in a clockwise fashion? Too many.

How many speedos have you seen rotate counter-clockwise? Depends upon how many AC Cobras you've checked out.

I'm a little biased, but save a slant. :burnout:

Tough call, Rani. I like the original Dart dash but I'm prejudiced since my first Mopar was a '69 Dart 340 Swinger that I had lots of fun with a million years ago.
I also like the looks of the Rally.
I'm not hung up on originality since my current '69 Dart build will have a Rocky Mountain Dashes (now Peak Dashes) full length dash done up in something special.
Follow your own preferences and post up lots of pics of the project if you proceed with the Rally.

Your building this ride for yourself, not a nut and bolt Concourse Restoration. The wow factor is amped up with the Ralley Dash installed, no doubt. Picture the end result of your build, don't sway from that. Too much money gets away when plans are changed again and again.
S.

Rally dash...but I am one of those strange people that would like to put a dart dash in a duster or dart sport...but hey lol

Rally... and put some dog dishes on the steel wheels with those redline tires.... Once you lose the column shifter, it'll really set it off.... but then again, I put a 6-pack on my big ole Fury's 318 block - so do what YOU want to do with it to make it suit YOU..........

I like the way you think. I am putting a straight axle under a '70 charger...because I can.

I tend to agree, but I love the Rallye dash too...tough choice...I'm gonna vote for the ................................................................

I went with the 150 mph gage :cheers:

Hi Rani, I say go for the Rally. From what I gather, since you already own the complete dash, all that would be involved is labor right?? Oh except for the glass guy/gal to remove windshield. Judging from the great job you did on the other Darts, this one will be a breeze. Maybe do the LED's on the dash lights while you're at it??
You can do a steering column swap later on when time/money permits anyway. Do it and prove all the nay-sayers wrong!! LOL

I Love the Rallye dash, since my brothers 67 Cuda. Factory tach or vacuum guage in the center, plus the 150 mph speedo. Dart dash is also nice, hard call, but as others have said, It is your car.

If you have a nice wiring harness to go with the ralley dash I would use the ralley dash.

-
Back