To tint or not to tint?

-
I just tinted mine several weeks ago and have been pretty happy. I live in Kansas, and it can get pretty nasty in summer, so I went a little on the dark side. I ended up using a 20% VLT tint all the way around. The package said it was 99% UV blocking and 55% heat reduction, so that's an added bonus. It looks kinda dark from the outside looking in and especially when you look through the whole cab and get the tint from both windows, but from the inside it's really not too bad, even at night. 35% VLT might be a little better for night driving, but it's really hard to tell until you've done a whole window. I'll try to get some pictures up when I get the chance, don't have any on me right now.

Here are some pics of my tint job. Did it myself and am pleased enough with it. I took out the front windows and tinted them out of the car since they were nice and flat. Tried to take the rear ones out and do them the same way, but the stupid things were so hard to get in and out I ended up scratching the tint when I put them back in, so I just redid it with the windows still in the car. Can't quite reach the back corners very well, but I'll settle for it. The last picture is what it looked like before.

Attachments

• IMAG0094.jpg
    100.7 KB · Views: 126
  • IMAG0095.jpg
    120 KB · Views: 129
  • IMAG0096.jpg
    64.9 KB · Views: 105
  • IMAG0036.jpg
    104.6 KB · Views: 102
I don't like tint on anything. But I really think it's out of place on classic / older cars.

If nothing else the UV and heat reduction is pretty nice. I guess a lot of that depends on where you live. I still need to get the back window done at some point, but didn't know if I wanted to try to tackle that myself or not. My back speakers are getting pretty baked in the sun though, so the UV protection back there would be nice.

-
Back