Today's progress/before/after pics (lowered).

-

cudaspaz

Reaction score
Got the lowering blocks in today, and did some more stuff under the hood.

The lowering blocks are aluminum 1.5 inch blocks which drasticaly brought down the ride height.
I know some of you guys hated the azz end up so darn high, so this is for you.
I think all and all it will be better in handling and launches.

The first pic here is before the blocks a couple months ago, then the rest of the pics are from today.

Enjoy:

chrome6.jpg

cuda9.jpg

This is the first time she's been on the ground with a new motor in her for a long, long time.

cuda3-1.jpg

cuda14.jpg

cuda13-1.jpg

cuda15.jpg

cuda16-1.jpg

cuda17.jpg

cuda1-2.jpg

The rear spring perches still need positioned side to side perfectly and the pinion angle needs set, then the perches can be welded on.

Couple more weekends and she will be running!
I'm so freaking stoked!!!!!!

Don't be jealous, you will be doing the same stuff with your cars.

Remember, it took almost ten years to get to this point.

Man it really looks AWESOME! Love that stripe and your engine bay filled that GOOD LOOKEN small block. Your not the only one stoked!!!!!!!!! WOOWSAAA!!

10 yrs??? thats a long time but well worth the wait i say. your car is by far one of my favorite.

Mine too, oh just wait till I start on my dart swinger.

The cuda was a learning experience.
With the dart I will be doing all the body and paint myself cause I have lost faith totally in body shops and fast talking bullsheisters so at least i'll know it was done to my liking.

Sweeeeet!!!! Although I liked it before, I like it even more now. Looks great, you are so close... Can't wait for you to describe the feeling when you finish it and take it out and hammer it one time. :-D

:cheers::cheers::cheers: looks awesome!!!! she looks like she's smiling too!!

That is excellent progress Spaz, all those years of slowly putting it together and suddenly... MAGIC.. that is one hot sexy Cuda, cant wait to see what will you do next!

Thanks guys.

I most likely won't start on the dart for a couple years to give the Wife time to recovewr from this project. he, he.

If I went right into that other car, she would kill me with a hatchet or similar device.

I agree, your car is coming out beautiful!!!!!!!!!! That is going to be one sweet car.

BTW: This November will be 10 yrs. I own mine. And it's still not driveable. Yet....

Keep at it boy's, keep at it.

Looking real good!

Here's a better pic showing just why it was probably a good idea to drop it down a bit.

chrome19-1.jpg

I would have had to put a sign on the back stating: "Stay back 100 feet, driver not responsible from objects coming from road."

Here's a better pic showing just why it was probably a good idea to drop it down a bit.

chrome19-1.jpg

I would have had to put a sign on the back stating: "Stay back 100 feet, driver not responsible from objects coming from road."

lol looks like a 4x4 from behind.

only 10 years??

looks good down low... but I also like it up in the back... either way.... slick ride !

-RPM

motor5.jpg

Latest update 8/17/08.
Almost fired it up yesterday but I need an upper radiator hose and the place that sell the race gas was closed.
Should give it another try mid week.

Items needed: Driveshaft going out to shop to get cut, balanced, u joints.

I'm gonna have to run it on open headers so the video will be loud, loud, loud.

Still need to install the windshields, not too worried about the side glass yet.

motor7.jpg

-
Back