Tomorrow.....

-

FASTBACK340

Legandary Member
Legendary Member
Reaction score
Tomorrow I plan on spending the day (and some cash....) getting my car dialed in a bit better than she is now. I'm going to install the MSD system, wire up the tach, and possibly adjust the valves (again....) due to a tick thats driving me nuts :x

And suggestions on plugs? Brand/heat range/gap? I know it's not easy to say which range & gap will work exactly, but how about a starting point? I have Champion N-13's in it now because I had a new set stashed away in the garage from God know's when :roll: Also, any suggestions on wires?

Help guys..... it runs like **** right now. :mrgreen:

I like MSD wires and Autolite plugs. I think I have 65s in it. If you have aluminum roller rocker thats probably were your ticking is coming from.

fastbackcuda said:
I like MSD wires and Autolite plugs. I think I have 65s in it. If you have aluminum roller rocker thats probably were your ticking is coming from.

It sounds like one valve is out of adjustment real bad... and it's got me concerned. If I have to open this thing up further than the valve covers I'm gonna be pretty cranked-off angry9:

I was thinking of the MSD wires. As for the Autolites, isn't that, like...sacreligious? I don't want a big bolt of lightening frying my *** because I shoved Ferd parts into my Mopar! When you say "65's", is that what I ask for? Or will I sound like a Mopar guy shoving Ferd parts in my car.... :-s And what about NGK's or Bosch :scratch:

OK, that's enough for today. I'm going to bed and I expect to see all my problems answered for me by the morning....
G`nite :D

John, I'm using MSD 8.5 super conductor wires, and
NGK fr-4 stock #5155 pugs gapped at 50 in my 340
with 6-al box.Will prob go back to gap @ 40.

onehellofadart said:
John, I'm using MSD 8.5 super conductor wires, and
NGK fr-4 stock #5155 pugs gapped at 50 in my 340
with 6-al box.Will prob go back to gap @ 40.

Wow! You guys took me literally about answering my questions by morning!

The MSD wires are a go. I'll try either the Autolite's or NGK's.... They're easy enough to swap out and try.

As for that ticking noise.... [-o<

Thanks Tony & Adam for your input! :thumrigh:

-
Back