too lean ?

-
Do you have the ability to data log on the fast 2.0? I have never tuned one. But it might make sense if you can, to run a data log and plug in a laptop to view it and make adjustments. Rinse and repeat.

you just went over my head -----lol
for lack of ''my'' knowledge it will read live data while the engine is running , just got to playing with that last time I drove it , think I need to get my son to drive while I play with the data/tuning screen . -----???

Well for lack of my knowledge of the fast 2.0 system I can’t be any more help but I can tell you how the few I’ve used work.
Things happen way too fast during a drive to tune on the fly. There are just too many parameters to try to keep an eye on. So what tuners do is “record” the data they are interested in making changes to. That’s a datalog. You can log any number of different things; rpm, afr, boost, etc etc. after your drive you can review the data in real time on the laptop making changes to whatever parameters do not match your “target” (what you want them to be). You then save the new tune and download it back to the ecu and make another drive and another log. Rinse and repeat. Make more sense?

2A0D796F-EE6C-4563-9E82-5E3DAEEAB2C7.jpeg
Bob, I fired up the laptop to give you an example. The “plot” window at the bottom is the recorded data from my log. Currently I am logging the channels, engine speed, map, throttle%, lambda1 (afr), and spark timing. After the I stop recording I can playback the entire thing and make changes in the tune, (timing map shown above), and save them, then load the new tune with the changes. I can also tune in real time and the changes are instant but it’s so hard watch all the different channels at once. This way you can cruise through at a snails pace making small changes and see the effect on the next trip. Hope that helps.

you just went over my head -----lol
for lack of ''my'' knowledge it will read live data while the engine is running , just got to playing with that last time I drove it , think I need to get my son to drive while I play with the data/tuning screen . -----???

I've tuned while someone was driving. It is fairly easy if you are only focused on a certain parameter. For example, you can cruise down the freeway and adjust the timing just to see how it runs. You can also adjust the air fuel ratio as you drive down the freeway to see what the best value for cruise is.

I've tuned while someone was driving. It is fairly easy if you are only focused on a certain parameter. For example, you can cruise down the freeway and adjust the timing just to see how it runs. You can also adjust the air fuel ratio as you drive down the freeway to see what the best value for cruise is.

Thanks guys , more to come ----------

-
Back