Too much cancer?

-

Signet Clint

Reaction score
Hello all, I came across this Cuda in a field, Before I contact the owner about it, is there too much cancer on it? I know the quarter panels and trunk lid are available but they're not cheap..

IMG_20221105_155929643.jpg

IMG_20221105_155716224.jpg

IMG_20221105_155735381.jpg

IMG_20221105_155908244.jpg

Real 340 or 360 car ? It's only worth it if it is something you truly want. Cost $$$$$$$$$$ but it can be done.
Unless you plan on keeping it forever,walk away.

If the trunk lid and upper quarters are that bad, I can only imagine what the underside looks like. And like the old saying goes, "If you see X amount of rust, what you have is 3X rust".
Unless it's a hemi, it's a parts car, IMO.

I would only get involved with that if I had another one in more buildable condition.

#partscar

#treedbyprof

they make all the parts for cudas. depends how much you can do yourself and how much money you want to put in to it.

Ocean car, forget it ever being solid. Might even be dangerous to drive.

its appears that the rear window channel is probably gone also but really you would be taking that car all the way down to an empty shell then cutting and welding in panels. Im sure all the panels are available but still its alot of work its all in how much ambition you have and how much it will cost etc. You will most likely need trunk floors possible frame rails etc. there is possibly rot underneath. Even a rust fee appearing car may need trunk extensions etc.

Last edited:
First thing you have to do is identify what it is, like a fender tag or better even a build sheet. Then put a price to it. You haven’t posted enough pictures for anyone here get a good idea of what is all there. Everything is worth something to someone.

You'll be in it for $5-$10k in metal and 300 hours+ of cutting, welding and grinding before you even start the rest of the restoration.

YES!!

At best, a 340 car (but probably not) and the wrong year to ever be valuable. I wouldnt spend 10 cents or ten minutes on it.
IF it was free, I'd salvage the bumpers maybe, and maybe the slots, if there is four, and scrap what is left, IF it was free.

Last edited:
If the trunk lid and upper quarters are that bad, I can only imagine what the underside looks like. And like the old saying goes, "If you see X amount of rust, what you have is 3X rust".
Unless it's a hemi, it's a parts car, IMO.
This is probably the best reply here.I couldn't have said it better myself. The year of the car, you know it isn't a Hemi cuda in fact I believe 71 was the last year for Hemi,440 and 383 in those cars 72 on are eh...small blocks. not saying it shouldn't be restored but it isnt a gold mine car or anything. Another trivia tid bit the Hi Peformance cars say "Cuda" on them the non HiPois say "Barracuda"

This is probably the best reply here.I couldnt have said it better myself.
Yeah I would assume floors, frame rails and numerous unusual places where fabrication will be required. You can't weld to rust or non existent metal so fab skills will have to be very good.

It is really really hard to look at a nice car this could have been if someone would have sold to a person who would have not let it ROT BECAUSE I'M EVENTUALLY GOING TO FIX IT 1 ******* DAY it is just a shame how many sit in groves and just rot or are forgotten about because of a personal attachment or just plain STUPIDITY

Well I purchased a 51 GMC with almost zero rust for $250...nevertheless I have well over $50,000 in it and I only paid to have the tires mounted and balanced. Can you imagine what labor would have cost? It's a no for me on that cuda.

kind of looks like it will break in half when you try to load it on the trailer...

-
Back