Too quiet here ....

-
have you priced out complete motors at the PYP lately? not much meat left on the bone for performance parts after the fact.
The last engine I got from pick-n-pull was a roller LA 360 on a half-off weekend a couple years ago. I got the long block for under $200 out the door and it was in great shape. I could've easily run it as-is with a cheap intake/carb and been well under $1500. I guess prices could've gone up in the last couple years though. But even for double what I paid, you've still got cash left over for an intake and carb.

pngtree-no-loud-noise-warning-signs-image_2286603.jpg

That's not spending the money on the 318. If you had a good running stock 318 and a $1500 budget, where would you buy to improve it's performance?
The way it is written it sounds like you are asking how I would spend $1500 on my car, that just happens to have a 318. I think they call that a misplaced modifier.

@VOETOM would like that car!
Absolutely I do RRR. Look at Dad's 11.30 wagon. Pump gas, iron heads, quadrajet, iron intake, 3.31:1 gear. 4160 pounds. Quiet as heck. stock fan, all accessories running, pull to line, leave it in drive and mash it and let it rip!

Screen Shot 2022-09-10 at 6.13.57 PM copy.png

The last engine I got from pick-n-pull was a roller LA 360 on a half-off weekend a couple years ago. I got the long block for under $200 out the door and it was in great shape. I could've easily run it as-is with a cheap intake/carb and been well under $1500. I guess prices could've gone up in the last couple years though. But even for double what I paid, you've still got cash left over for an intake and carb.
prices are up about 25~35% more now, but you bring up a good point on bargain shopping the half-off days. however, magnum is gonna require magnum intake and cam which are more money new and slightly less prominent used. then motor mounts and flexplate/balancer figuring out along with accessoroies. but a good tactic!

i mean, the deals are out there. and a 360 truck motor with just an intake and carb would be a decent piece.

Absolutely I do RRR. Look at Dad's 11.30 wagon. Pump gas, iron heads, quadrajet, iron intake, 3.31:1 gear. 4160 pounds. Quiet as heck. stock fan, all accessories running, pull to line, leave it in drive and mash it and let it rip!

View attachment 1716055237
I like that car a lot. You've shown it to me before. Do you still have it?

Sitting in Dad's garage now. Still hauls and drives awesome. This is last summer.

Hood Shut, idling.png

I think I'll have (another) drink!

View attachment 1716054799
You're good Mike !!! that pic would have to be still in the store because back in my heyday they'd be nice looking empty bottles by the end of the night, all of them lol & boy am I glad I found out I'm allergic to jail after 20 + stays lol.
I was always in awe at people who could hold a liquor cabinet or people who didn't get shitface black out drunk.

I guess to my boss "comp cams suck ****" is controversial, he actually took it personally because I asked him since we've had to rebuild 3 engines in 12 months because of flat cams, why do you keep using them? And before he answered I said you can atleast measure the f'n lobes to make sure they aren't machined incorrect. He turned red and got quite lol.
I'm a machinist not the assembly guy by the way

Have you ever been laying in bed thinking about your car and wondered if your car is thinking about you too??

Have you ever been laying in bed thinking about your car and wondered if your car is thinking about you too??
Yes, I do. My dart has been dead since 2006 . I will be reviving her very soon, so I know it will be a good relationship

Yes, I do. My dart has been dead since 2006 . I will be reviving her very soon, so I know it will be a good relationship
I'm convinced the best relationships in life are with a car. I have too many cars, I've never regretted buying any one car but I've had mental anguish when I've sold them.

-
Back