Took a ride (1973 Corvette)

-

LJS30

Reaction score
I took a ride in a friend of mine's 1973 Corvette last and was impressed. Much like myself, he's a guy who basically went solo and took on this resto as his first task. The guy did a great job, however, I still love my Mopar!!!!!!!!!

I drove an L-82 once. Took it down Colonial Parkway....my own private test track. I could maintain a higher average speed over than same street in the 65 Dart 4 door with the 170 leaning Tower of Power and an auto I had at the time. BOY was the owner of the Vette pissed

I took my buddy's '71 for a spin back when I was married the first time.

It was one of the strangest cars to drive. There's that 2-3 feet ahead of the front wheels that you can't see. It's kinda unsettling not knowing where your front end is.

No way I'd own one.

Maybe a big block '66 with side pipes :headbang:

I drove an L-82 once. Took it down Colonial Parkway....my own private test track. I could maintain a higher average speed over than same street in the 65 Dart 4 door with the 170 leaning Tower of Power and an auto I had at the time. BOY was the owner of the Vette pissed

What utter shite!

Nope. The absolute truth.
Now the really scary thing was I had a 924 that was raced out, but still street legal. I could slam through those off camber turns on that road a full 20mph faster in that, than in the Vette. On Yoko A008's

I had a 79 L-82,4 speed,and a 69,350/350-400 turbo. The 79 was a nice car,but lacked a bit in the power dept. The 69 on the other hand,a rocket. Yeah,they both had a pretty firm ride,but I sure did enjoy them. I love my a-bodies,but plan to have another some day. Hopefully,a bumper car.(pre 72)

-
Back