Top 5 A-body mods...

-
The latest was custom race seat brackets. Now I can get my race seats in any position I like despite the very awkward floor levels. Very simple and adjusts in a snap.

Headlight Relay Kit
Subframe Connectors
BBP Disc Brakes
A/F Meter
Electronic Ignition/MSD

First five steps,?...
Fresh chassis,OEM style..
Upgraded drive line...( transmission, clutch, rear end)
disc brake ,front brakes,OEM style....
Subframe connectors, welded in..
Patience,in building a strong base,to build on.. Horsepower means diddly squat(& you look like a buffoon..other wise),unless you have a plan...

First five steps,?...
Patience,in building a strong base,to build on.. Horsepower means diddly squat(& you look like a buffoon..other wise),unless you have a plan...

Big bolt pattern 15" wheels with 4 wheel disc brakes
Chassis stiffening via complete US Cartool package
Suspension upgrades (bars, springs, anti-roll bars & Koni's)
EFI'd hydraulic rollered 408 stroker
200R4 4 speed automatic with 3000 stall lock-up converter.

Expensive, but over a ten year period, still cheaper than a new car.

B body 8 3/4 with custom wheels
6 leaf springs with lowering brackets
B&B engine
frame connectors
BBP 73+ disk brakes
Professionally built 904 with shift kit
Sorry that's six but I couldn't decide which one to take out.

First five steps,?...

No, not the first five steps, your top 5. Stuff thats out of the normal. It's pretty well established the proper steps of building a solid, safe, reliable, punchy A-body.
I'm talking about the things that every time you get in the car, you think, "so glad I did that".
Could be a stereo for some, recovering some tired seats, or mounting the same style dash compass you had in highschool, etc. The hydraulic hood/trunk lifts is a perfect example

on my '72 Valiant, she had 9" drums...so upgrading to BBP and discs was a no brainer. Can't worry about going, if you are worrying about stopping!
That said, I replaced the windshield washer system with a complete NOS system I bought local, right after I installed a fresh windshield. I used to get a big grin every time I mashed that foot pump and had a nice spray of Rain-X on a crystal clear windshield. Beaded water so well that I rarely, if ever, used the wipers. That was in Tacoma too. Another one was replacing the glove box liner, just so I could store the re-pop owners manual, and the mint ORIGINAL glove box trash bag I found under the back seat..
Replacing the front female portion of the seatbelts after driving for a year with a broke drivers belt you had to shake to get it engaged was pretty satisfying as well..

Sometimes it's those little things

Frame connectors
Wilwood brakes
6-point roll bar
h.d. springs and drag shocks..
most importantly replacing the weak 318 with a "real" engine..

added swing out's to the rollbar, added E-brake, got directionals and hazards working, installed an aftermarket wiper kit and, believe it or not, de-tuned the 360 just a bit - - oh, none of this makes sense if you don't know that, when I got it, it was a purpose built 1/8mi. drag car and I am working to give it some street manners..

Top 5 Best money spent or best modification work done-

Firm Feel Stage 3

Radiator upgrade with electric fans.

Ammeter bypass and Crackedback's relay kit and alternator wire- around.

K-frame overhaul

Sub-frame connectors

For my early-A it was installing halogen head lights and modern radial tires.
AC would be nice to do.

Disc brakes / Dana 60 / subframe connectors / Mad Mod / headlight relays

2004R, big disc brakes, 29 X 15 tires in the rear, 3:90 gears and 500 watts of Rock and Roll!!

treblig

I posted some pics but they might be gone now after software update.
I will dig the images out and repost

137.jpg

136.jpg

151.jpg

139.jpg

How did u determine the mounting location?
hood was the easiest. Had fenders off, hood on. Lifted hood to the desired height, all the way up for me. Supported the hood, the hindges have two existing holes on either one. Put the lifts, from a Mitsubishi montero sport, top mounting bolt into the highest hole, on both sides. Then where ever the bottom bolts wound up, that is where I mounted the lower. The lower has two bolts holding it on. Had to tweak the hindges a little when I put on the fenders to clear, and cut off the lower part of the hinges. Trunk was harder.

Last edited:
Top Mods so far
- Amp meter bypass
- Headlight relays
- LED tail and marker lights
- Modern headlights
- Sub frame connectors

Cley

Firm Feel Stage 3 power steering box
bigger torsion bars
Front/rear sway bars
Bigger cam- Bigger intake