Top cat whisker issues

-

toypar

Reaction score
Has anyone ran into issues with the inside top cat whiskers coming apart and leaving black sticky streaks on the inside of the glass?

I have installed all new top cat whiskers, all new glass, and made sure all the windows are adjusted properly on my 1969 Dart.
About the 15th time the drivers window was rolled down, I noticed the inside felt delaminating from the metal and leaving black residue all over the inside of the glass and stainless trim. I figured it was just a fluke on that window, but now they are all doing it. I would say I purchased the Top cat whiskers around 2014-2015. Maybe a bad batch?
We have used Top cat whiskers on a couple 67 B-bodies, and they have always fit and performed well.

Quality is not getting better on parts and look for them to get worse before the parts disappear from reproduction. Soon if you need to replace your engine/motor you will have to chose amperage over Cubic inch. Thank the rich politicians. Think of them everytime you look at that window.

I had a couple pieces from a set for my 66 Dart that were coming apart at one of the bends right out of the package. They replaced them, no problem. They're a great company. Give Quirey a call and I'd bet they'd make it right.

Quality is not getting better on parts and look for them to get worse before the parts disappear from reproduction. Soon if you need to replace your engine/motor you will have to chose amperage over Cubic inch. Thank the rich politicians. Think of them everytime you look at that window.
Trust me, I think of those evil politicians every time I fill up, look at the after tax paystub and leave the grocery store.

An update. I contacted Quirey and explained my issue. The owner stated there was a change in materials about 5 or so years ago. I ended up having to buy all four inner cat whiskers because it had been so long.

The new top cat whiskers are perfect. Same thickness as the originals. The set I had from 2015 are actually an 1/8 inch thicker than the originals/new replacements.

-
Back