Top/interior question

-

Dodge65500

Reaction score
i have a 69 GTS convertible. Here's my problem-the interior burned in the late 70's and the fender tag is MIA. I'm relying now on my dads and uncle's memory from 40 years ago. I know that it was white with a black stripe and the seats were white. The weird thing is that it has a black top. Does this seem like an odd combination to anyone? I haven't seen one like that, and I haven't found any info that says it's an impossible combination. Anyone have an idea?

I could see a white top or a black one. My white '67 Barracuda convertible (navy blue interior) has a white top, but the body won't be white any longer. My red '68 GTS convertible has a black top an my son's originally gold '67 GT convertible has a black top.

i have a 69 GTS convertible. Here's my problem-the interior burned in the late 70's and the fender tag is MIA. I'm relying now on my dads and uncle's memory from 40 years ago. I know that it was white with a black stripe and the seats were white. The weird thing is that it has a black top. Does this seem like an odd combination to anyone? I haven't seen one like that, and I haven't found any info that says it's an impossible combination. Anyone have an idea?
Really doesn't seem like a strange combination. The black top goes well with the black stripe. My Barracuda left the factory red with red/ white interior and a black top

Black top is forever the most common. Anything else, especially white, is a biotch to maintain.

Most of the builds, white interior is only the vinyl. The shown door metal, dash, carpet, kick panels, most everything else except the soft vinyl was black. Not limited to just white bodies either. Red, blue, etc.., bodies could also have white vinyl. That's where the other interior color would vary to either body color or same ol' black.

image.jpg
Thanks for the input, guys. You're making me feel a bit better about this...
I believe the metal interior parts (and on a convertible the plastic side panels could be ordered in different colors when white interior was ordered.

Have seen white door panels with black door tops and bottom.

Carpet, dash, kick panels could all be in color, red, blue, green, gold, brown & black

Since you do not have the fender tag and since the interior burnt a build sheet is out of the question also it really doesn't matter how you built it.

My brothers 69 GTS hardtop 383 auto was white, white interior and red stripe. The interior had all white doors, rear side trim, white headliner & black console, carpet, dash (I'm also going on memory from 40 years ago, but I loved that car.

Seen a green 69 GTS that had a white interior and it had green carpet, console & dash but the doors where all white

Have pictures of a 69 GTS convertible that had a white interior, it also had all white doors, rear side panels, black carpet, console & dash.

The ones I have seen with white door panels and black metal could have been factory, personally I like the all white better.

Now, I would like to have it......LOL would make a clone of my brothers 69 except it would be a convertible instead of hardtop. White, white interior, white top and red stripe. Have actually thought of redoing mine again and changing the interior, top and stripe

I saw a green 68 Coronet convertible survivor car near me a few years back! I was green on green with a green convertible top!! Always thought that was odd, never saw a green convertible top before, but my production option codes book indicates it was available!! Weird!!

View attachment 1714989024
I believe the metal interior parts (and on a convertible the plastic side panels could be ordered in different colors when white interior was ordered.

Have seen white door panels with black door tops and bottom.

Carpet, dash, kick panels could all be in color, red, blue, green, gold, brown & black

Since you do not have the fender tag and since the interior burnt a build sheet is out of the question also it really doesn't matter how you built it.

My brothers 69 GTS hardtop 383 auto was white, white interior and red stripe. The interior had all white doors, rear side trim, white headliner & black console, carpet, dash (I'm also going on memory from 40 years ago, but I loved that car.

Seen a green 69 GTS that had a white interior and it had green carpet, console & dash but the doors where all white

Have pictures of a 69 GTS convertible that had a white interior, it also had all white doors, rear side panels, black carpet, console & dash.

The ones I have seen with white door panels and black metal could have been factory, personally I like the all white better.

Now, I would like to have it......LOL would make a clone of my brothers 69 except it would be a convertible instead of hardtop. White, white interior, white top and red stripe. Have actually thought of redoing mine again and changing the interior, top and stripe
That's pretty cool. Mine is a 383 car too!

That's pretty cool. Mine is a 383 car too!

NOW I REALLY NEED THIS CAR........LOL

Where in Indiana are you?

So is the blue car in your avatar the car?

As far as white, black stripe & top with white interior I really wouldn't think that was odd. Being a big block convertible would make it a very rare car.

My brothers car was also an indiana car, destroyed by a tornado in 1974 or 75 that went just north of Mt. Comfort Indiana.

NOW I REALLY NEED THIS CAR........LOL

Where in Indiana are you?

So is the blue car in your avatar the car?

As far as white, black stripe & top with white interior I really wouldn't think that was odd. Being a big block convertible would make it a very rare car.

My brothers car was also an indiana car, destroyed by a tornado in 1974 or 75 that went just north of Mt. Comfort Indiana.
lol I'm in Valparaiso, and yes, the avatar is my car. My uncle wanted it to be B5 blue with a white stripe, so it looks like they spray painted it, . I remember it before he did that to it though, and it was white with a black stripe.

I could see a white top or a black one. My white '67 Barracuda convertible (navy blue interior) has a white top, but the body won't be white any longer. My red '68 GTS convertible has a black top an my son's originally gold '67 GT convertible has a black top.

My 69 with 68 stripes.

DSCN7495.JPG

My 67 barracuda convertible came factory , white paint, red interior, red matching center stripe with a black top. I have also seen 1 other the same with a white top, must have been order preferred

My 67 barracuda convertible came factory , white paint, red interior, red matching center stripe with a black top. I have also seen 1 other the same with a white top, must have been order preferred
you shoulsd consider joining our Facebook 67-69 Barracuda owner club. Free of charge and a lot of great people with experience and tips. We help each other... Many are on FABO.

-
Back