Torker vs. Streetmaster

-

xlexl

Reaction score
Kind of like which is better steve urkle or peewee herman.
Have the Streetmaster on my 440 now, just had a Torker come on craigslist in my neck of the woods for 120...
new shiney super duper intake isn't in the cards.
Everything i've read says they're both garbage(when even Chevy guys don't have anything good to say about the Torker it really cant be good)
But is it 100 bucks better than the infamous small runner Streetmaster?

Better, yes, anygood, not really any better, worth? Not much. Opinion?

Save the money and purchase a modern intake. You have the "On the cheap" intake now. So your up and running.

Thanks for the input, your probably right...guess i'm just getting caught up in how badly I wan't to get rid of that Streetmaster...I have a perfectly awesome 850 double pumper I refuse to put on that intake manifold lol

That is because, for starters, the big block Chrysler intakes are natural air gap designs. So, there would be a pointless advertisement of a air gap intake for these engines. Everyone instantly puts in the words air gap when mentioning this intake without reguard to the engine at ahand being dicussed. Look here and see the big block Chrysler RPM intake ; http://www.summitracing.com/parts/EDL-7193/

Good info Rumblefish I appreciate it.

1wild&crazyguy the question is whether its 80-100 dollars better...which i'm begging to maybe think that Rumblefish may have a point of both being bad enough that waiting is a better option than slightly upgrading.

The main concern I was having is how much is the street"disaster" is neutering my motor. I had read in several different places that the small intake runners and design of the Streetmaster was even worse than the stock manifold as far as performance goes.

My mystery motor definitely has a mild to med. cam in it, was bought from Mopar's Unlimited Tacoma Pres, (or past pres. not sure I never had the pleasure of meeting him) and that the motor was built by a reputable knowledgeable mopar performance enthusiast. The intake looks like an after thought to sell the car.

The more I think about it maybe I should track down the previous owner again...

That $120 for the torker you could add a little more with it and get a good used RPM intake if you shop around..

That $120 for the torker you could add a little more with it and get a good used RPM intake if you shop around..

He definitely wouldn't get 120 for it, not when a new Torker II is 200 bucks on Summit.

Was able to track down the previous owner, talked to his wonderful wife for a couple mins. Should hear back from him this afternoon, sounds like Mopars Unlimited will be a nice local group to be apart off and add to FABO for me.

He definitely wouldn't get 120 for it, not when a new Torker II is 200 bucks on Summit.

Was able to track down the previous owner, talked to his wonderful wife for a couple mins. Should hear back from him this afternoon, sounds like Mopars Unlimited will be a nice local group to be apart off and add to FABO for me.

I'd score a good used RPM for around $140-$150 then pull that streetmaster off and sell it for like $75... Problem solved for around $75 out of pocket.. That's just me...

I've been looking on craigslist for quite a while now for a used eddy, and just haven't run across any, who knows maybe some of the local guys in this club may have some sitting in the garage that they'd part with.

I've been looking on craigslist for quite a while now for a used eddy, and just haven't run across any, who knows maybe some of the local guys in this club may have some sitting in the garage that they'd part with.

Put you a wanted ad here on FABO, I've gotten some great deals from guys on this site..

That is because, for starters, the big block Chrysler intakes are natural air gap designs. So, there would be a pointless advertisement of a air gap intake for these engines. Everyone instantly puts in the words air gap when mentioning this intake without reguard to the engine at ahand being dicussed. Look here and see the big block Chrysler RPM intake ; http://www.summitracing.com/parts/EDL-7193/

Hey Rumble,
I stand corrected,did not know there wasnt a 440 Air-Gap.
Ok.....Performer RPM 440. (1500-6500)
Thats my choice.....8)

..........if ur cammed up at all the torker will b at the very least 20 hp up on the sm........there have been numerous magazine articals on bb intakes......the torker is still 1 of the best.........yes the perf rpm is better.......the regular perf is a door stop........kim......

The Torker is better than the street Master.
In a big block intake article that was in the mags a few years ago, the Torker was just a little behind the Holley Street Dominator (still one of the best big block intakes) in HP and Torque, and the Street Dominator was holding it's own against the new Edelbrock Performer RPM. I think if my memory servers me correct the Holley made just a couple more HP more than the RPM, while the RPM made just a couple more ft lb's of torque than the holley. The problem with the Edelbrock is it's kinda tall so you may need a drop down base air cleaner depending on your hood, while the Holley Street Dominator sits low. Just something to think about.

Have to see if its still on CL than, thanks for the valuable input! :)

-
Back