TORQUE BOXES ?

-

WAYNE0

Reaction score
I am doing body & paint on a 72 demon 340 4spd. The owner wants the bottom side painted also. When i got under neath it today i seen it has front & rear torque boxes. I never seen an A body 340 4spd car with torque boxes. Ive seen big block A bodies with them. They look original to me.

My guess would be USCT boxes,not a factory option but well made. (on Demon)

I parted out a rusty 1 owner 72 340 4 spd. Duster about 15 years ago, it had the torque boxes.

Yes I have seen plenty of 71-72 Demon's and Dusters with front and rear torque boxes. My 69 Dart GTS has them, and after judging A-Body's for a couple dozen years that is one thing I always check right away! Seems that somewhere in the production of the short wheelbase cars it became MUCH more common for front and rear torque boxes in 4-speed cars...

I am doing body & paint on a 72 demon 340 4spd. The owner wants the bottom side painted also. When i got under neath it today i seen it has front & rear torque boxes. I never seen an A body 340 4spd car with torque boxes. Ive seen big block A bodies with them. They look original to me.
My 73 340 4 speed sun roof has them

Yes I have seen plenty of 71-72 Demon's and Dusters with front and rear torque boxes. My 69 Dart GTS has them, and after judging A-Body's for a couple dozen years that is one thing I always check right away! Seems that somewhere in the production of the short wheelbase cars it became MUCH more common for front and rear torque boxes in 4-speed cars...
Hi if you have been Judging do you have any info on the 73 Dusters 340 4 speed paint marks Mine they painted the motor compartment

Pictures, please? I have a very original "70 Swinger 340 with the build sheet. I'll jack her up and take some high resolution Photos.

Ill post some pictures of the torque boxes when i post my progress. This one is taking me a while. It is or was wavy lol

I can't imagine an order sheet with a torque box option since it's not a mere bolt on. As stated a brazillion times, some 340's came with 2 and some came with all 4. Both of my 'cuda 340's had/have all 4.

I can't imagine an order sheet with a torque box option since it's not a mere bolt on. As stated a brazillion times, some 340's came with 2 and some came with all 4. Both of my 'cuda 340's had/have all 4.

it sure wasn't an option. they were probably all supposed to have them but got whatever was there while going down the assembly line.

This is perhaps off topic a bit but on my sons 67 mustang I discovered it was missing the passenger front torque box. Ford had a better idea that year and left that one off. PITA to install it after the fact but I did.

This is perhaps off topic a bit but on my sons 67 mustang I discovered it was missing the passenger front torque box. Ford had a better idea that year and left that one off. PITA to install it after the fact but I did.
lol, probably fell off

pictures of the tq boxes

DALTON ROLES DEMON  TQ BOXES 002.JPG

DALTON ROLES DEMON  TQ BOXES 001.JPG

Every 72 340 3 speed and 4 speed Demon I’ve owned and the current 72 340 4 speed had them. One only had rear boxes and no fronts. My first 340/3 speed had only fronts.
Not sure why partial install or not installed due to Monday am after long drinking weekend. Lol!

-
Back