total horsepower on my 360

-

chris_stevenson

Reaction score
i was wanting to know what the horsepower is. i built this motor for my 72 duster. the motor is from a 78 dodge sportman motor home. heres the parts ive done. stock pistons std size. torker 2 intake. on the heads 2.02 intake 1.88 exhaust. hooker headers 2 1/2 exhaust with h-pipe with flowmaster 40 muffs. holly double pumper 4150 700cfm mech secondaries. lunati voodoo cam and lifter kit duration @ .050 213int /220exh lift .454/.475 stock mopar distributor. sure grip 8 3/4 rear with 3:55 gear. stock 904 trans with stock torque converter. thats what i got and i was wanting to knw what horsepower it has :p i was asked at a car show and i couldnt really anwser lol

you sure you have 2.02 intake with 1.88 exhaust? 1.88 was the factory intake size on 360's and later 340's, and ALL 360/340 exhaust was 1.60. Just want to make sure I got the facts straight.....

i had the machine shop put milodon 2.02 valves in. i had bought a set from summit :p yeah sry typo on my behalf abot the exhaust valves their 1.60 sry!!

285 to 300? hmmm maybe i shoudnt have skipped out on the kb pistons. i do belive the compression is 8:5. thanks guys im really thankful :) at least i dont let the chevy guys around get away with anything. the 65 nova box top thats around here i beat it everytime we run into each other. although i wonder if i'll have any trouble with the 71 ford mach 1.

only two ways to know for sure....and they both contain the letter d.....

You have a pretty conservative motor. More cam and carb and a bump on compression and the motor would be a good runner.

flywheel horse? i would say over 300

unless i read wrong about stock horsepower output

with headers and the 3.55 gears it should come outa the hole nice tho couple of 13 second cars high 12 on a cool night and no spinning prob running 500 feet

thanks for your input guys good to knw =) btw i ran into the mach 1 mustang well nobody won. tie :( my wife was like wat the hell? although shes an awsome lady, shes always telling me to floor it at almost every light :p lol i cant wait to build her a demon although i have a feeling were gonna end up having speeding tickets lol!

Pretty small cam, compression isn't helping. I'd also say that a Torker II is too much intake for your engine, you'd be better off with a dual plane like an RPM or RPM air gap.

I'm with the other guys, probably around 300hp as it sits.

-
Back