Tow a non-running car

-
Go out and buy yourself a cover for rhe car. Cover it in your driveway. The police have to have a search warrant to look under the cover. I lived in a neighborhood like that and all it took was some busybody neighbor to complain about the "junk" cars in my driveway to get the police to put a bright orange sticker on it with a notice to remove it. I lost a nice 71 Newyorker with a 440 in it. I wound up giving it to a friend. The next time I had a car in my driveway I covered it and never had a problem even though it was not even inspected. I just don't understand how anybody can tell you what you can and can't do on YOUR own property. Sometimes it seems like we're living in a comunist country. Anyway I guess it could be worse LOL
No search warrant is needed, sometimes. Went thru this is AZ. City code has alot to do with things. In Mesa AZ the code enforcer (yes, it is a real job) was the one that enforced stuff like unregistered cars sitting on your property. As long as the car had current tags they generally did not bother you. But I observed the code enforcer walk up my neighbors driveway and lift the car cover to verify it had current tags on it. I asked him what he was doing and the disagreement escalated until the cops showed up. Found out later that if the vehicle is in sight of the general public (in another words your front yard) that it has to be operational and current on the tags. If it is in the backyard, does not matter. I agree, it is bs about being told what you can and can't do on your own property. Where we live now is an un-incoropated county. No problems with vehicles sitting on your property. At times I wish there was. There are several properties with 15-20 cars sitting on them. This kind of stuff does not do much for property values.

.....Hey buddy..........its a small world............maybe there is a member rite there in ur town , that is willing to help u..........i know i would if i was there.....kim.........

No search warrant is needed, sometimes. Went thru this is AZ. City code has alot to do with things. In Mesa AZ the code enforcer (yes, it is a real job) was the one that enforced stuff like unregistered cars sitting on your property. As long as the car had current tags they generally did not bother you. But I observed the code enforcer walk up my neighbors driveway and lift the car cover to verify it had current tags on it. I asked him what he was doing and the disagreement escalated until the cops showed up. Found out later that if the vehicle is in sight of the general public (in another words your front yard) that it has to be operational and current on the tags. If it is in the backyard, does not matter. I agree, it is bs about being told what you can and can't do on your own property. Where we live now is an un-incoropated county. No problems with vehicles sitting on your property. At times I wish there was. There are several properties with 15-20 cars sitting on them. This kind of stuff does not do much for property values.
Wow that's hard to believe! They just lifted the cover! I guess the laws are different in AZ than in PA. Remind me NOT to move there.

IF YOU ARE ASKING ABOUT HOW TO PULL IT, AND WITH A CAMRY, IN THE BEST INTREST OF THE CAR, AND ALL LIVES AROUND YOU, PLEASE, FOR PETE'S SAKE, JUST PAY A TOW COMPANY THE 50 - 75 BUCKS TO MOVE IT FOR YA!
plus, to rent a dolley is 49.99 for the day, plus 9.00 insurance on it.
then you still; have to have a truck.

x2

CAMRY!??!!

I just talk to my neighbor about my situation, he told me to park the car in the next public road, outside my neighborhood. What do you think? Is it against the law? FYI, my car has antique license plate, insured(I just remove engine to rebuilt)

Otherwise, there are car storage nearby, $89/months, if you were me, what will you do?

You must not care to much about your car if you are even thinking about this or the car must be in bad shape.

I wouldn't be able to sleep at night knowing my 67 cuda is sitting on a public street... my gosh man whats wrong with you!

look most of the pics they use 1 chain or hook on the rear real smart dipshits

yupp you can tell experince from someone new on the job by how there load (in this case a car) is secured. one chain won't do much for your car in the case that the truck is in an accident, not to meation it could kill someone
Sorry,I never got my Wreckmasters diploma:laughing: With the junk I tow with my rick-o-tee old truck when it falls off I just keep goin':eek:fftheai:

Details

Tow or tie down any car, large or small, with this versatile chain assembly! All steel 5/16 inch assembly with a 15 inch long shank J-hook on one end. J-hook has a new deeper and longer return, preventing slippage. In addition, the J-hook is wide enough to fit over Super Duty axles. Its added cross section material stands up better to accidental side loading, and it's eye is offset to the inside to keep it from dropping off the axle. This 10 foot length works well on tow slings, tow bars or other equipment where longer chain is needed. 4,700 lb. WLL. Not for recovery.

Attachments

• Al tow 004 - Copy.jpg
    158.9 KB · Views: 162
  • AL TOW 004.jpg
    126.9 KB · Views: 156
  • Al tow 041.jpg
    126.7 KB · Views: 150
  • al towing02.jpg
    103.6 KB · Views: 166
  • al towing36.jpg
    160.1 KB · Views: 184
  • Al towing 013.jpg
    122 KB · Views: 190
  • al towing17.jpg
    109 KB · Views: 187
  • Al towing 016 biz card.jpg
    117 KB · Views: 152
  • Al towing 022.jpg
    109.9 KB · Views: 171
  • IMG_3934.jpg
    87.6 KB · Views: 140
Wow that's hard to believe! They just lifted the cover! I guess the laws are different in AZ than in PA. Remind me NOT to move there.
I got cited for parking in the dirt along side my driveway. You have to park on an improved (gravel,concrete etc.). Got cited for the tree in the front yard on several occasions. City code is tree branches have to be, think it was 9' off of the sidewalk and 13' off of the road. I observed the code enforcement guy measuring my tree, wrote me up a few times because the branches were 5" to low.

I got cited for parking in the dirt along side my driveway. You have to park on an improved (gravel,concrete etc.). Got cited for the tree in the front yard on several occasions. City code is tree branches have to be, think it was 9' off of the sidewalk and 13' off of the road. I observed the code enforcement guy measuring my tree, wrote me up a few times because the branches were 5" to low.

thats just F$#%in retarded that people like that have jobs like that, when I went to high school there was a guy who would go around checking for parking permits (yes the school made money from them) they had to match the vehicle make and model and if your sold your car part way through the year they made you buy a new parking pass. they would have your car towed if your car had no parking permit:cwm10:, so I parked in the teachers parking everyday for 3 years because I never had the same car very long, always trading for something more interesting:color: teachers never had to have permits

thats just F$#%in retarded that people like that have jobs like that, when I went to high school there was a guy who would go around checking for parking permits (yes the school made money from them) they had to match the vehicle make and model and if your sold your car part way through the year they made you buy a new parking pass. they would have your car towed if your car had no parking permit:cwm10:, so I parked in the teachers parking everyday for 3 years because I never had the same car very long, always trading for something more interesting:color: teachers never had to have permits

When I was in college I worked in a fast food place on campus. I worked with a guy who parked in a handicapped spot one evening. It was the only spot he could find. The ticket cost him more than he made working. I checked the rules & it was only a $15 ticket for parking on the grass but it was $25 for parking in the Handicapped spot. I told him he should park on the grass from then on.

are you kiddin? is this one of those trolling threads?lol you now want to buy a truck, instead of just paying 50 buck to have it towed? rofllmfao

Why Buy a truck? Just pay a tow company with a rollback.

are you kiddin? is this one of those trolling threads?lol you now want to buy a truck, instead of just paying 50 buck to have it towed? rofllmfao

Its not I dont want to pay $50 to have my car tow, I just dont like to deal with truck driver because their careless with old looking car(they though its junk?)

I think buy the truck is good investment for my hobby, ofcourse, if the price is right.

Any idea about the Silverado above?

You buy that truck and you'll get busted for too many vehicles in your driveway or some lame covenant or regulation. That's why I moved into the country and built the large shop that I couldn't get approved in the town.

I checked the rules & it was only a $15 ticket for parking on the grass but it was $25 for parking in the Handicapped spot. I told him he should park on the grass from then on.

Here parking in a handicap spot is $885 plus the court cost and penalty assessment.

Which brings it to about double the $885

I have been looking to move to ABC, for many years now.
(Anywhere But California)

By the way, here they use satellite views to look into peoples back yards, so there is no need to wait for a neighbor to complain.

Also the cops here just bought one of those Drones, they plan to fly it around and make people safe.

If someone comes on my property and starts touching my stuff, all of you will read about what happens next in the newspaper.

No matter what state you're in.

PS: I have had the best AAA plan available for many years, it's worth it.

It doesn't matter if I am in a four wheel drive hung up in the mountains 200 miles from home.

The tow is free.

Here parking in a handicap spot is $885 plus the court cost and penalty assessment.

Which brings it to about double the $885

I have been looking to move to ABC, for many years now.
(Anywhere But California)

By the way, here they use satellite views to look into peoples back yards, so there is no need to wait for a neighbor to complain.

Also the cops here just bought one of those Drones, they plan to fly it around and make people safe.

If someone comes on my property and starts touching my stuff, all of you will read about what happens next in the newspaper.

No matter what state you're in.

PS: I have had the best AAA plan available for many years, it's worth it.

It doesn't matter if I am in a four wheel drive hung up in the mountains 200 miles from home.

The tow is free.

drones make good target practice

I have been a member of AAA since 1971, you have to pay for the tow with cash out of your pocket, and wait for a reinbursement check.
There is one stipulation on AAA the car must be registered in your name to cover the tow.

I have a 98 Silverado with a 5.7 (350) and it will do the job just fine. Mine has 77k miles on it. I had an old beater 95 Silverado with 220k miles that I sold because it was getting old, so I know mine has many miles left to get to 220k like my old one.

Sorry guys, I have been mopar for years, and I am sick of them getting 100, 000 miles and Cherynobyl (blowing up). Once they hit 100k, the Chryslers everything starts to break, go wrong. I have had 4 GM's now over 170k and they hold up fine.

I do still restore the Mopar muscle cars for a hobby. I just drive GM's for everyday reliability and durability.

I think I need to buy a truck to tow my car. Here local: http://washingtondc.craigslist.org/nva/cto/2235284594.html

Is it good deal for 98 Silverado? I mean is the price right? I never bought any truck before.

Sorry guys, its cheby but I can afford Dodge!

I have a 98 Silverado with a 5.7 (350) and it will do the job just fine. Mine has 77k miles on it. I had an old beater 95 Silverado with 220k miles that I sold because it was getting old, so I know mine has many miles left to get to 220k like my old one.

Sorry guys, I have been mopar for years, and I am sick of them getting 100, 000 miles and Cherynobyl (blowing up). Once they hit 100k, the Chryslers everything starts to break, go wrong. I have had 4 GM's now over 170k and they hold up fine.

I do still restore the Mopar muscle cars for a hobby. I just drive GM's for everyday reliability and durability.

And that's just the opposite of a buddy of mine's luck with trucks. He was a Chevy guy all his life and always had good luck with them until about 7-8 yrs ago he bought 3 in a row that gave him nothing but problems. Then he traded for a 90 Dodge Ram with 175,000 miles on it and ran the crap out of it until it had 290,000 miles on it and it was still running great and giving no problems but the body was rusting pretty bad. He then bought a 95 Ram with 120,000 miles on it and has had it for about 3-4 yrs. now and put on about 75,000 miles (right at 200,000 now) and has had no problems at all. He uses them for hauling scrap to the scrap yards so they take a beating. Not disputing your word at all, just saying his experience with Dodge's has been great and he claims to be a Dodge truck guy and even got his Dad into driving them.

And that's just the opposite of a buddy of mine's luck with trucks. He was a Chevy guy all his life and always had good luck with them until about 7-8 yrs ago he bought 3 in a row that gave him nothing but problems. Then he traded for a 90 Dodge Ram with 175,000 miles on it and ran the crap out of it until it had 290,000 miles on it and it was still running great and giving no problems but the body was rusting pretty bad. He then bought a 95 Ram with 120,000 miles on it and has had it for about 3-4 yrs. now and put on about 75,000 miles (right at 200,000 now) and has had no problems at all. He uses them for hauling scrap to the scrap yards so they take a beating. Not disputing your word at all, just saying his experience with Dodge's has been great and he claims to be a Dodge truck guy and even got his Dad into driving them.

Agreed, my 88 dakota is pushing 400,000 and the engine has never been apart, I have changed the engines in alot of chevy trucks that didn't have 150,000 on them, imo it's what brand you have luck with, for me it has always been mopars, I can drive a new chevy or ford around the block and break them, and I have friends who could do the same to a mopar.

Our last Explorer we put 400k on it, replaced it because it was just plane ugly.......our current Explorer has close to 160k on it, other than the trans going out in it has been trouble free. No leaks or nothing.

I can say this based on what I have seen and done.

In the harshest environment, Alaska, Canada's logging roads,etc.

You only see Ford trucks.

The Ford pick up has been the number 1 seller for what seems like forever.

So from what I have seen............

Ford makes a very good pick up.

Chevy made some pretty good cars.

The fastest car off the showroom floor......... a Mopar.

Question:

Which driver spends the most time looking into the rear view mirror?

Answer:

The one driving a Mopar.

-
Back