Tow rigs

-
DSC00402.jpg

Quadzilla piggy back, S & B Fresh air and straight exhaust. i get about 16 mpg pulling a car. MOPAR BABY !

My 2010 Hemi RAM and trailer

Ma Snart

Attachments

• DSC06108.jpg
    73.9 KB · Views: 383
  • DSC04828.jpg
    81.9 KB · Views: 360
I really like my truck. If I could have purchased a Cummins for what I paid for my Ford, I would have bought a Cummins... except they were about 3X the price of my PSD. I like the OBS, old body style Fords the best too.

The only thing I wish it had was a 3.54 rear gear instead of 4.10's. Kind of limits pulling or really driving anywhere to about 60-62 mph before the mileage really takes a hit. get's 17-18 towing the trailer at 62, about 13-14 at 70 mph. With 3.54's I could roll 70 and still get about 17.

I've done some mods to it that really helped power and mileage. Next thing is a 3-5 selector burned chip.

I really like mine. It was a good deal and its certainly earned its keep. I can't believe how solid the body is with the mileage. for all intents and purposes its rust free.

Mine's got a 4" exhaust, but it came that way. I do have the 3.54s and mileage is pretty good for a 7.3 if I drive moderate. If I keep it at 2000 RPM (70mph) I get about 13-14 pulling the enclosed fully loaded. Best mileage I've gotten with the truck so far is 18.8 empty.

I'd love to put a tuner on it, but with the 200+k mileage, I think I'll leave it alone.

Heres my sleeper truck, dynoed 550hp and maxed out the tq reading 1200 lb/ft, and that was on street tunes and a single turbo. Im going compound duals soon.

DSCF1350.jpg

Unfortunately this truck is gone now and shopping for another one.

Never should have sold it. Crewcab Duramax Diesel and Haulmark

Airstar. Last car it hauled was HemiMarks Orange 528 Hemi Duster.

JLTruck-2.jpg

JLTRK-TRLR.jpg

This is a Monster it is so big it takes some getting used to. I bought it from Neil Castles who drove a Dodge Daytona in the 69 Winston cup, finishing 4th in points. I have the original Certa card in Cotton Owens name. I called Mr Owens, he told me the truck was given to him as a straight rail truck and he built the back and boxes. He said he had sold it to Marty Robbins who drove for him and then bought it back from his estate. Mr Castles said he had no knowledge of Marty ever owning the truck. He said Marty probably drove it. It would be neat if Marty had owned it but I can't verify that. Either way it is a pretty Historic hauler.

Attachments

• DT5.jpg
    112.7 KB · Views: 288
This is a Monster it is so big it takes some getting used to. I bought it from Neil Castles who drove a Dodge Daytona in the 69 Winston cup, finishing 4th in points. I have the original Certa card in Cotton Owens name. I called Mr Owens, he told me the truck was given to him as a straight rail truck and he built the back and boxes. He said he had sold it to Marty Robbins who drove for him and then bought it back from his estate. Mr Castles said he had no knowledge of Marty ever owning the truck. He said Marty probably drove it. It would be neat if Marty had owned it but I can't verify that. Either way it is a pretty Historic hauler.

Awesome!

Here is the work truck. 05 Pet with a 475 Cat.

Attachments

• post-29981-1295904412_thumb.jpg
    42.2 KB · Views: 301

Very nice tow rig!!!

it DOES work! my wife got it for me for my birthday a couple years ago because people are always pissing around in the passing lane.

I was trying to figure out what the "3VOM" was. Then my brain started working.:violent1:

-
Back