Toyota bashing

-

brewil

Reaction score
I have commented on a few of the Toyota bashing threads and the weird American car only threads. Does anybody know of the Ford Navigator issue with the fuel line shut off a few years ago?

When you sell more cars then any other auto maker you will have recalls.. I work for toyota for the past 8 years and have worked for ford before that for 7 years.. I will say Toyota has it all over ford, chevy, and dodge. So if you need to be a basher go ahead and bash toyota, they are the number 1 auto maker out there, even after the gas pedal issues..

i work for Toyota making 125 to 150 hours in a 40 hour work week, bash all you want.
i do not own one, but they make me money.

I choose to support America, toyota is not an american company, they are a japanese company. The bulk of the profit goes overseas. True they assemble cars here and american workers get paid, but if they were NOT here those same american workers would be assembling some other brand, possably something American in origin. Saying you sell more cars than everyone else, so its normal to have more recalls, is a poor excuse. Toyota quality is no better than you can buy elsewhere. The public will beleive anything they are told, hell lots of the toyota lovers probally voted for obama, and there are still morons saying he is a great president. So public opinion is sort of a joke.

AND.................In 2006 EVERY SINGLE model toyota built had a recal, EVERY SINGLE MODEL!!! No mater how many you build, you have serious quality problems when they ALL have recalls.............

Obama sucks, maybe we should be talking about him and not toyota. Toyota supports over a million familys here in the states. Your right when you say buy selling more cars its normal to have more recalls, but your wrong with the quility part. The cars last longer, and I never see motor jobs being done our transmissions being torn out like I did with ford or chevy. Listen, I work for toyota and support the domestics..But when it comes down to it, a coroola is a better car then a cobalt, caliber from dodge and so on. So someone should be bashing Obama here, now that is a joke. There is over 6 million gallons of oil now being poured into the gulf and it is still going and what is Obama doing about that?

So I guess that people in Canada and Mexico should be pissed at the fact that all the profits from GM, Ford and Mopar plants there go to the US ??

From my standpoint, the money spent on parts, wages, taxes, buildings, health insurance, outside suppliers,etc by foreign manufacturers far exceed the profits. Ask anybody around Vance, Al, Georgetown, Ky. Greer,SC. Jackson, Ms. and LaGrange, Ga to name a few.

I worked for a Honda dealer in the 80's and it really doesn't matter to me... Toyota, Honda, Nissan etc. I just don't trust japanese car makers period.

I do grow tired of people talking themselves and other into that they are superior automobiles though.

I worked on them and found absolutely nothing to display to me that they were better than any other "domestic" car company.

What I did witness was that owners of these Hondas, Toyotas etc took care of their cars better than the people you drove the domestics in general. The quality of the cars comes directly from how well the owners maintain their cars.

Let me see if I get this right, people in this country that now work at a "foreign" car company produce high quality cars but when they worked at a "domestic" car company the didn't? I don't get it what changed? Same people. Sounds like an agenda thing not a quality thing to me.

Chuck

Well put with the maintaing part of it 340mopar, the service dept is always packed with oil changes, 15 and 30k services. The foreign car owners do seem to maintain the cars better for some reason.?

Well put with the maintaing part of it 340mopar, the service dept is always packed with oil changes, 15 and 30k services. The foreign car owners do seem to maintain the cars better for some reason.?

And why do you think that is ?? Maybe because of the fact that the American peoples in general are a wasteful people in a disposable society ??:dontknow::dontknow:

Brewil you devil you. Can you say 'instigator?' lol. Starting a thread called TOYOTA BASHING at 8:38 Sunday morning. Here we go again....cheap entertainment on a hot day.

When you sell more cars then any other auto maker you will have recalls.. I work for toyota for the past 8 years and have worked for ford before that for 7 years.. I will say Toyota has it all over ford, chevy, and dodge. So if you need to be a basher go ahead and bash toyota, they are the number 1 auto maker out there, even after the gas pedal issues..
Hate to break the news to ya,but Ford is at #1 right now,with quality.If people bought American built only,the country wouldn,t be in the mess it,s in.(JMO)Do you think the Chinese,Japanese,Phillipinos support American built cars in their countries?This is why they have a grasp on things.

im here to talk about mopars, could give a "EDIT" about ugly foreign cars with absolutely no style!!!!!! the Yota crowd can :thebirdm:

this should be good :love7:

I have 2 friends that work for toylete,they made a bunch of money with ALL the recalls toylete has had..but they both drive Dodge trucks and not toyletes...hmmm,work for the company but yet WON'T drive their product what does that tell ya??..JUNK!!

My 2000 corolla is the best commuter car I have ever owned. No issues. Just basic maintenence that I do mostly myself. Excellent car. If you want a car that will get you to point A from point B, and looking good doing it, not your car. But if you want something that you can rely on day after day and doesn't require you to mortgage your home when it goes into the shop, get a 1998-2001 corolla. And Toyota is not paying me to say this BTW.

Jeff

im here to talk about mopars, could give a "EDIT" about ugly foreign cars with absolutely no style!!!!!! the Yota crowd can :thebirdm:

this should be good :love7:
Best comment in this post...

But if you want something that you can rely on day after day and doesn't require you to mortgage your home when it goes into the shop

I do,an '01 Ford truck best damn daily driver vehicle i ever bought:-D:-D

kay guys, do we really have to argue bout cars that have no relation to old mopars?
opinions are like armpits, we all have some, but they arent always needed.
is it just me, or is this thread a little pointless?

kay guys, do we really have to argue bout cars that have no relation to old mopars?
opinions are like armpits, we all have some, but they arent always needed.
is it just me, or is this thread a little pointless?

Well in a way it does..that Ford truck is also my tow vehicle for the duster..:-D:-D

I choose to support America, toyota is not an american company, they are a japanese company. The bulk of the profit goes overseas. True they assemble cars here and american workers get paid, but if they were NOT here those same american workers would be assembling some other brand, possably something American in origin. Saying you sell more cars than everyone else, so its normal to have more recalls, is a poor excuse. Toyota quality is no better than you can buy elsewhere. The public will beleive anything they are told, hell lots of the toyota lovers probally voted for obama, and there are still morons saying he is a great president. So public opinion is sort of a joke.

i like this guy

-
Back