1st load of # 2 stone

0000equipment.JPG
Day 2 their skid steer

0000hole.jpg
How many of these do we need?

0000material.jpg
you want this where?

0000layout.jpg
Hey guys, shouldn't those be standing up?

00001stpost.jpg
1 up several to go

0000day1barnsite.jpg

0000day1drive.JPG

0000day1working.jpg

00001stdaytrucknbarn.jpg

00001stloadstone.jpg

0000equipment.JPG

0000hole.jpg

0000material.jpg

0000layout.jpg

00001stpost.jpg

0000317end.jpg

progress as of the 17th

0000318.jpg

really thought it would look bigger

0000319.jpg

Framing about done

They should finish framing today, said concrete would go in 1st of week and the siding should be there the end of the week

The Girls are waiting to get back together since they were send seperate ways a year and a half ago. The imperial and Caddy have not moved since Nov. 07. Dart is in friends barn and Prowler in his garage

0000317end.jpg

0000318.jpg

0000319.jpg

Must be nice :) I'd be happy with another 900 dollar steel shed for now.
With a little luck I might get a 150.00 ( snuggie ) car cover. LOL

That's gonna be a very nice garage .
Are you going to put a hoist in it?

Looking like a great home for your cars WildCat.
Keep us updated on the build and glad to see it standing and ready for decking, siding and concrete

I NEED INTERNET AT THE NEW HOUSE!

Not much done in the past few days. I dug a moat (ground water level is about 32" below grade) from the house to the barn to run conduit for the electric, phone/cable, waterline and a gas line.

Pea Gravel put in yesterday, hope to see the concrete guy tomorrow, but with the rain to come tonight, probably not.

It is 40' X 48' with a 10' X 34' covered porch.

I will get a lift at some point. We have one in the barn on the east side of town and I will probably move it and get a 10,000 4 post lift my truck can go on.

Steel should be there next week.

I have been thinking where I'm going to put stuff, I need a bigger building, or get rid of some of my crap.

Well I bought a card for the computer so we can get on anywhere

The concrete was started on Thursday and the porch and outside parking finished on Friday

Hoping the exterior is finished in the next 2 weeks

DSC02347.jpg

thursday pour

RUsure.jpg

concrete guy and I discussing the expansion joint

porchfloor.jpg

Friday pour

DSC02347.jpg

RUsure.jpg

porchfloor.jpg

Damn, I was lucky to be able to scrounge up a good fitting car cover. If I can get lead69 up here in the next week or so and come get all of my AMC parts out of my garage I'll be able to squeeze my car into there to do a V8 swap.

Yes it is nice, but her is how we able to afford it.

In 94 we built our house. I did the design and much of the work. It took me 6 months to build. Lived there till Sept. 07, sold it thinking I would get transfered. I was able to move into the house I grew up in. Mom living in Florida most all the time, so the house was empty but I still had to take care of it. So it worked out great for both of us. We had a place to stay, mom had some income to cover the monthly bills that are there whether someone is there or not.

We decided I was not going to get transfered so we started looking for a new house. The new house had to have a barn or large garage (our old house had a 4 car attached garage) or enough ground to build the barn/garage.

Now we downsized in the house so we could UPSIZE the garage. It was part of the plan, not to spend anymore money than we sold the old house for. We sold at the start of the crash in the housing market and feel we did OK on the sale. We bought after the market had crashed and feel we got a good deal on the new house. Due to the slow down in the building trades, I think we are getting a good deal on the building also.

It isn't as big as I would like, but instead of building a bigger building I need to get rid of some stuff.

What I need to sell or dispose of
81 Imperial body, bought so I would have extra body parts in case something happens to my 14,500 mile 81 Imperial
82 Imperial, complete non running 31,000 mile car, want the wheels off it
67 Dart GT hardtop, non running no title at this point. Might go ahead and biuld it if I can afford it.
85 Bronco, non running but should be easy fix to run, with snow blade
lots of parts

So for those that are working hard and wanting a building, years of hard work and some luck you can have one too.

My 1st big garage was in 83. Torn down a day care center that had fire damage and got the material to build it. Got divorce, lost it. In 94 built the house with 4 car garage, sold it, had lots of equity in the 13 years we lived there since I built it myself. Downsized house, build big barn. It really helps to have an understanding wife.

Well it has been awhile since I updated on my new barn. They had to order more red coil stock to be able to cut all the trim and roof.

Then the April Showers bring SLOW construction, so after a week of the material sitting her we should have a few good days back to back to try and get it closed up.

Here is what is done as of today, it is starting to look like a Dairy Queen

0000eastfront.jpg

0000leftfront.jpg

0000rearbarn.jpg

It is close to the same color red as my truck, Like it so far.

Cannot wait to get it closed up and seal the floor and start to bring the cars home.

0000eastfront.jpg

0000leftfront.jpg

0000rearbarn.jpg

Well the builder is done, now my turn, got to get it wired and finish the inside, grade the outside and fill it up

0000Barn final2.jpg

0000Barnfinal.jpg

-
Back