-
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jared Jordan

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
Looking for a pair or two of metering rods with either a .030" or .035" power step. Pair in my carb have .040" and I'd like to be able to subtly richen without having to take carb apart and change jets.

I have a few sets of rods but I'm not sure I have anything that rich. What's the econo step size? I'll look and see what I have and get back to you tomorrow

The 1996 is supposedly the best one. They were found in the Superquads of the 1980s.

Dude your one lucky man! I looked through what I have and among the other sets that won't do you any good I have 1 single 1996 rod. No idea where the mate went so if you want it your welcome to it for the cost of shipping. I can stick it in a baggie and send it in a priority envelope that costs about $5

BTW: You may not need or want these but in case you would I have an extra set of 5137 secondary jets. $10 for the set if you want them

Attached is a fuel flow matrix I created in Excel for TQ's. The top line (red) is the baseline, and the lines after that show the predicted % effect based on the on cross-section area of fuel flow.

This example baselines 1966 rods with 0.100 jets (0%-0%-0%),

An change to 1966 rods, in this example, would lean the economy and mid range, but richen the WOT (-6%, -1%, +9%)

Send me your current jet size and rods, and proposed, and I will map it for you. Or, better yet, I can e-mail you the file :)

Note that I measured the dimension of my actual rods, and they varied slightly from the called out specs. This table, along with my A/F gage, allowed me to tune my TQ very precisely.

Attachments

• Pic 09.jpg
    130.4 KB · Views: 75
Just for fun, here is another table showing all available metering rods, and their effects (%-%-%) on Fuel Flow Area, all based on specified dimensions from Carter.

Attachments

• Pic 10.jpg
    164.7 KB · Views: 70
Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back