Track Rule Recomendations ?

-
Thanks 70AARCUDA. I know I had read that somewhere. Probably in a national dragster.

If you google nhra 2008 roll bar roll rule...you will find thousands of hits...LOL..

but the rule book only says Street Legal drags....so I dont know...consult your local track...LOL

Tech rules are there for a reason! To protect an unwary operator. Hey I bought a car from down south a year and a half ago from a couple of "good old boy's". They were racing at "those" tracks. I'm telling you the roll cage they fabricated was J U N K. Had you needed it you would have been out of luck and headed for the Lords ultimate track in the heavens. The fuel tank was located in the trunk and the trunk was not sealed off. Way to much rubber line, and in poor condition, look like some scrap they got somewhere. Some of the electrical connections on the switch panel were burnt up. They ran the power leads straight to the hot terminals of the relay switches. All the low power input leads on the relays were bundled together and attached to ground. Making the relay useless. Their engine building skills were very poor. After tear down I found stuff in the engine. #7 & #8 rod journals had junk in them along with the fifth main. His buddy owns a transmission shop. said he had rebuilt the tranny for his friend. This so called professional used the "Original" worn out factory band on the rear drum from it original construction. Had I run it this way the owner of this shop "the man who built it for me" said it was going to break at anytime and who knows what could have happed if I ran it like that. But he did assured me it would not be a pleasant experience. Be wary! Arm your self with a rule book and inform yourself before you buy any race car. He was so bad. He bought a crank, rods and piston from a name brand company and had it installed. My gain. Yea. It was a stroker assembly. I got 493 cu. inches instead of the 440 which he claimed. This car would have folded up in a crash or burned up or blown up. When I finish this car and pass it on to the next owner it will pass tech anywhere in this country. There's not a lot of short cuts in this guys. Real race cars cost real money. I will have this car for sale soon. Now built with the best of parts and assembled correctly. Fresh and ready to go. My members photo is the car.

-
Back