Trade 833(plus $200.) for a 833od?

-

Ehbody

Reaction score
The guy I bought my '70 340 Duster from figures his cast iron 833od is worth my 833 and $200. Both are in the same condition....I think it should be a straight trade.(my 833 might actually be more desirable)? What do you guys figure they're worth?

As I recall, do they not exactly interchange, something about the diameter of the front bearing retainer behind a different size? I've also heard an OD is weaker than the 4.

I wouldn,t trade,it should be the other way around.His OD tranny and $200 for your 833 tranny.I say keep it!

If you're looking for an O.D. contact me. I have a nice one for sale.
Ted

As I recall, do they not exactly interchange, something about the diameter of the front bearing retainer behind a different size? I've also hears an OD is weaker than the 4.

correct. the the OD has a larger dia. on the bearing retainer. and there is something inside. forget what exactly it is but it is weaker then a straight 4 speed/

Where is the guy with the overdrive from in Canada anyway? Newfoundland? I hear they get things back to front (or arse about face as we say here down under) sometimes.....

Where is the guy with the overdrive from in Canada anyway? Newfoundland? I hear they get things back to front (or arse about face as we say here down under) sometimes.....

I see you know Canada, mate! And as much as we make fun and tell Newfie jokes, truth is, they are some of the greatest people you could ever meet. :cheers:

Wylde1.

009.jpg

Thanks for the replies...I think I'll keep my 833 and purchase an 833od. My tranny isn't a matching #,so I didn't think it was a big deal...but it seems like the close ratio is in more demand(more rare?)...I believe the od that I am considering is a cast unit...should be more desirable than an aluminum unit?....If the price is right, I might consider aluminum since the car is going to be a cruiser(with a few WOT)
icon12.gif
Thanks,Dan ps:Manitoba is the province that borders North Dakota and Minnesota.

You have a std 833 and he wants your trans and $200 for his OD unit?

If that's the case grab the crack pipe from him.

An OD trans at best and finding someone desperate are $150 at best. Most of the time they are under $100 and closer to $50.

A good std trans is 125-300 depending on condition.

I have an OD unit I'd trade and I GIVE YOU cash...

I see you know Canada, mate! And as much as we make fun and tell Newfie jokes, truth is, they are some of the greatest people you could ever meet. :cheers:

Wylde1.

Yes, I dont doubt that at all. In fact I've met a few in my travels across that beautiful land called Canada, (most notably it was in a town on Vancouver Island, from where the Inside Passage ferry departs for Alaska, eh, but I cant remember the name right now...Port something...) . (I also have an Uncle (a cantankerous old Aussie) and two cousins (born and bred Canucks, daughters of said cranky old Aussie) in Ontario -Newmarket.

It's the same here in Australia, our "Newfies" are called "Tasmanians".....all good natured fun.

Freakin tough Demon btw.

-
Back