Traffic Court WTD? Updated post #35

-
Police cruisers should have GPS transmitters on them...speeding (without lights/siren on) should result in instant termination!

Also note: they are often using their data terminals and/or phones while whizzing down the road at 90MPH!

:cheers: This stuff of saying I got a badge so laws do not apply to me JUST IS NOT RIGHT!
I have a brother in law that's a cop. They came to see us once and he boasted of driving 95 MPH through three states, with kids in the car. He said, "If I did get stopped all I have to do is show them my badge, and they will let me go." Man, did I have to fight temptation over that statement.

The police protect and serve, in my opinion they should be allowed to go any speed they want. 99.9 % of police are the good guys.

Good guys don't run around acting ARROGANT, while speeding, talking on the cell phone, playing with the laptop, and parking in fire lanes. NO ONE SHOULD BE ALLOWED TO GO ANY SPEED THEY WANT PERIOD!

Are you saying that if you are not allowed to speed, nobody is allowed to? Thats your reason?

I expect all law enforcement to maintain the highest standards possible. If speeding is ok just because they are law enforcement, does that mean it is fine to rob and kill people too... just because they are law enforcement?

It must be different here, here I trust cops 100%.

I trust them and I do have a lot of friends in law enforcement. My wife is retired from the field also. My brother in law works as a border guard and another brother in law is a deputy sheriff.

We had a local officer that was caught taking "prescription take back" drugs from the bin. Other parts of the state has had officers do wrong. They have been caught, fired and criminally prosecuted. They thought they were above the law but they were shown differently.

Are you saying that if you are not allowed to speed, nobody is allowed to? Thats your reason?

You mean to tell me that you see nothing wrong with flying up and down the highway in your personal car, with immunity, just because you are a cop? If that is the case would it be OK for the National Guard to open fire on a shopping mall, just because they are a branch of the Army?

Wrong behavior is wrong behavior, ESPECIALLY when you are sworn to uphold the law.

At a local Pawn Shop, and employee was stealing scrap gold and giving it to a police officer to sell. They were then splitting the profits. They got caught, but the employee got jail time, while the Cop was allowed to go free. This is nothing more than legalized criminal activity.

I agree police should follow the law. If it is illegal to text or use a computer and drive, rightfully so, it is not safe. Can a police officer look two directions any better than the rest of us? Why is considered safe for police officers to use a laptop driving at 60mph in 3 lanes of traffic?

A. YES.

B. I have no respect for someone who breaks the same rules that they are supposed to enforce. Hypocritical.

Andy Griffith set an example to follow. Today's police don't (most of them).

C. I almost got ran over by a speeding Detroit police car while riding a 10 speed bike in my own neighborhood. He was speeding and no flashing lights, not on call, just because he can. I also saw them run stop signs in the neighborhood numerous times.

D. So are you saying that police should be held above the rest of society? They are better than us? Didn't we tell the blacks and women the same thing back in the 60's? Look how that turned out....

This is supposed to be a free society where everybody is treated as equals. To be equal, everybody has follow and obey the same standards.

Good thing I didn't listen to your advice. Pleaded "Not Guilty" and told the facts as I stated earlier. Judge found me Guilty but reduced fine to $50 and no points!

Exactly why you always go to court for a traffic violation.

This is supposed to be a free society where everybody is treated as equals. To be equal, everybody has follow and obey the same standards.

X2. Respect any hardworking American to include Public Safety folks. Problem is ever since 911 they have been put on the hero pedestal and severe arrogance by some has unfortunately followed. Where is officer friendly that came to the schools when I was little? Been replaced by officer above the law in my area.

Oldschoolcuda

I agree police should follow the law. If it is illegal to text or use a computer and drive, rightfully so, it is not safe. Can a police officer look two directions any better than the rest of us? Why is considered safe for police officers to use a laptop driving at 60mph in 3 lanes of traffic?

Because they spend 8-10 hours a day driving. To me that is an expert. When do you ever hear of a speeding cop in the left lane having an accident.

A. YES.

B. I have no respect for someone who breaks the same rules that they are supposed to enforce. Hypocritical.

Andy Griffith set an example to follow. Today's police don't (most of them).

C. I almost got ran over by a speeding Detroit police car while riding a 10 speed bike in my own neighborhood. He was speeding and no flashing lights, not on call, just because he can. I also saw them run stop signs in the neighborhood numerous times.

D. So are you saying that police should be held above the rest of society? They are better than us? Didn't we tell the blacks and women the same thing back in the 60's? Look how that turned out....

We live in a free society because of order brought about by police. IMO, police should be able to bend the laws for the good of all. Speeding police can never be compared to violent crime.

Cops are people just like the rest of us.
Arrogance, temper, greed, and ego all still apply and I'm not going to worship them for having a badge.

When the occasion arises, I interact when them as they require, as long as they don't get "The attitude"
Once they disrespect me and act like an ***, then they can kiss mine.

They have a tough job, but they certainly are not heroes just because they have a badge.
Some of them joined because they have a power trip that they couldn't get away with as a regular citizen.

Are you blaming that cop because you were riding your bike and not paying attention to your surroundings?

Yes, they are better than us, they are trained to be better than us. Us meaning good people and also bad people who dominate their work day.

Because they spend 8-10 hours a day driving. To me that is an expert. When do you ever hear of a speeding cop in the left lane having an accident.

Define "expert." There are many drivers besides cops (who are not all experts) who could be considered "expert" drivers. There's no "X" on their license plate that exempts them from traffic laws

We live in a free society because of order brought about by police. IMO, police should be able to bend the laws for the good of all. Speeding police can never be compared to violent crime.

Cops are most certainly NOT what has brought about a free society.

Never met an arrogant, greedy, egotistical, hot tempered cop, ever.

You haven't met many cops, is all I have to say.

Are you blaming that cop because you were riding your bike and not paying attention to your surroundings?

YES.

You might as well "stop this" because you are obviously not going to convince any of the rest of us.

-
Back