trailer queens

I was at a car show today and over half of the cars there sit in garages/trailers

• Total voters
-
I love driving mine. It's my stress relief.

so true, i have a daily driver, but the Bee gets driven once a week if possible, and every weekend to a car show in the summer.

The 70 Duster gets driven every few weeks

The 73 gets driven every week or so, depending if its being worked on, its still in the process of being a good driver, still needs work.

The 41 Street Rod is no trailer queen, its being rewired and getting a new interior, but it gets driven every week depending on the weather, and it gets driven to shows every weekend.

I drive mine all over the place, but not in the rain if I can help it. Hoosier drag radials are NOT fun in the rain. Still, I chose the "I drive it everywhere" option. It's comes the closest.

I have driven it to and from the two closest drag strips, and raced it all day. I would trailer it to the strip, but I don't own a trailer...

My '74 Duster was only ever been towed twice.

Once when I towed it home when I bought it.

Once when I ran out of gas at a redlight (on a bridge), we slapped a chain on it and towed it about 50 feet where we dumped some gas it in and got the beast fired back up again.

Otherwise I drive it everywhere, but it doesn't see rain or snow (unless I get caught in a sudden downpour). Tried driving it in the rain once.... Turned around, went home and drove my truck instead :D

I did not drive it today but warmed it up and pulled in the garage to tinker ...my dart has been on the hook one time in 25 years, cops, I sat in my underwear in the corner of my house rocking all night baaadtimes

man I am glad I don't carry on like that anymore ....much lol :confused:

My resto was done with the intention of my Demon being a driver and it it still will be. But because I spent waaaaaaaay more then initially planned it won't be seeing anything but sunny days and a trailer for shows or cruises more then an hour away.

All of mine get drive weekly...and drive hard! I don't care how high fuel gets I refuse to let any of my collection sit!

My beat up Hang 10 is my daily and I love it!!! The rumble of the exhaust is my R&R...hell, I ain't had a radio in it YET!!!

I take mine out as often as possible now that it's back on the road.
Pic is from just last weekend!
I'm into cruising and can't imagine using a trailer if the car is drivable.

Attachments

• 0408121521.jpg
    89 KB · Views: 262
i have multiple cars, there are one or two that i wont drive in bad weather but my 72 Dart is my DD and its seen one blizzard and everything in between. i dont have a newer car so mopars are my only transportation. so if the 72 dart goes down, then its walk time.

Mine was driven before the resto started and will be driven AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE after the resto is done. Gotta take the ol' girl out and show off all the hard work!!!

I drive the 67 Cuda vert often, but the 68 GTX spends most of the time in the garage. It has a high stall speed torque converter, so it tends to get too hot on the highway. (Anyone got any suggestions???)

The 70 RR sits in a portable garage because it is awaiting restoration.

Then got a 89 Jeep Cherokee (not driven much except winter when snow plowing with it), but my DD is a 03 GMC Denali XL.

Plus got a Benson Gyrocopter (awaiting the restoration completion). Check it out on Mad Max Road Warrior!!!

If more than a few miles I trailer the Barracuda. The fuel it needs cost $8/gal and it uses it up quickly. I drive my Fury to shows as close as an hour away including Autorama where it won best in class against all the Camaros and Mustangs proving you can drive 'em and still compete.

Today I took my convertible for a ride to work. What e trip! I really enjoyed it. My wagon is driven at least 5 times a week. I just love that car!

Regarding my hardtop I'm not sure yet! I have been told way too many times that guys take their nicely restored cars on a trailer to car shows! I have always told myself that cars are made to be driven.

BUT, after working on the restoration of my DartCharger for 8 years and it will be ready by next year I'm not sure. This is a battle to fight! Since I have put quite some money into it with everything date coded I'm not sure if it will be a driver at all!! :banghead:

I guess that times will tell.......!:coffee2:

I built the buggy to be a cruiser. From the time winter finally breaks, to the time it rears its ugly cold head again, the Dart sees the road... Weekend car shows, cruises, the occasional 'take the toy to work day'. etc... I built it to drive it, if I wanted something just to look at and admire, i'd start collecting art lol

Mine get trailered only because it hasn't run in over 15 years, I love the don't wanna get air on my car lmao!

My car is more of a garage queen. I put on about 200 miles a year. My wife drives her dart and duster every chance she gets.

-
Back