trailer queens

I was at a car show today and over half of the cars there sit in garages/trailers

• Total voters
-
I drive mine whenever I'm not working on it. I love to get it out. So each time it gets on the road something more is complete. Like now has a new 390 carb. But it seams like every time I get it out I have to fix something else, tans-line over the past weekend. Now fixed, so we'll see what breaks when I drive it Saturday.
Only time a trailer is used is to pull it home when broke.......

Just got it 2 days ago , already put 400 miles on it . Plan on it being driven daily , but stored over winter . Don't wan this former sho0w car trailer queen to see salt .

Mine is street driven..but when i race, its trailered to the track which i do more of...besides 4.30's and a spool aren't to streetable...

Anything over 150 miles or overnight, mine goes on the trailer.
I have trailered it as far as El Paso (1650 miles each way) for a show.
I would rather sit in the Dakota R/T with the cruise set on 80 than sit in the Dart at 55. And the Dakota gets better fuel mileage than the Dart.
And it is harder to steal the Dart off the trailer than on the ground.

Trailering a car is not always a bad idea.

I sit behind the wheel & pretend I'm driving.
VROOM VROOOM VROOOOM
Not as much fun as actually driving, but this way I don't get any tickets.

Soooooooon...Very Sooon :burnout:

pumpgtx.jpg

Mine get flatbedded home when they break. I'm too old to replace u-joints on the side of the high-way! LOL! Verison, $5 a month road-side assistance, pick-up and tow 10 miles, no charge. I live 9.7 miles from work... thought about using it to save gas, but usually have to wait 1-2 hours for a truck.

Every chance I get, every where on weekends and week nights if I go out. Not to work though, I use a company truck for that. Put almost 200 miles on it over the weekend. Not looking forward to winter but it is when I get most of my work done on them.

Agree with another poster driving them is my happy place(stress reliever).Our two early-a's get seriously driven except in winter.Here is short video shot from inside my valiant of returning from 200 mile round trip with my local club. Can't beat cruising in something you built. [ame="http://video.yahoo.com/watch/5089008/13507307"]cruise home on Yahoo! Video[/ame]

Oldschoolcuda

Agree with another poster driving them is my happy place(stress reliever).Our two early-a's get seriously driven except in winter.Here is short video shot from inside my valiant of returning from 200 mile round trip with my local club. Can't beat cruising in something you built. [ame="http://video.yahoo.com/watch/5089008/13507307"]cruise home on Yahoo! Video[/ame]

Oldschoolcuda

how many of you would drive your car 400 miles....8 hours if it for at most 10-12mpg with 4.10 gears

Four hours is my limit anything past that and it goes on the trailer. I trailered from Memphis to Carlisle, 2 day trip...alot to be said for traveling in a Suburban with cold air when the outside temp 100 plus. I drove way to many miles when I was younger in cars without good air

I talked to a couple guys at the show that have gear vendors overdrive. $2600 could buy a lot of gas but the cruise speed would be so nice. (360, holley 750 4150hp mech sec, 3.91 suregrip, 26" tires, xe284 comp cam, ede heads, rpm air gap,727 2800 stall, turbo action full manual vb)

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZIt2L6Js0Cs"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZIt2L6Js0Cs[/ame]

The paint and body on the "66" was done at Dykstra Paint and Body, just outside Marion, South Dakota. I drove it there and back to Timonium, Maryland. Runs all day long at 75 MPH and gets 20 MPG. What's a trailer??

Ok I trailer mine if it is a overnight trip, I drive it every chance I get except in bad weather. I just hate to clean for hours. I keep it in a enclosed trailer, because I work away from home 90% of the time. That way when I have a weekend off it is time to drive. So it's not a trailer queen, but I use a trailer as storage so I can drive my baby.

I drive mine everday the weather is decent, if I'm not driving it my wife is, if shes not driving it my girl friend is, if shes not driving it my wifes girl freind is, if none of us are driving it just imagine what we're doing!!!!

I like the sticker,If you see this car on a trailer call the police. Its stolen.

I drive mine everyday. That's why I bought it. The downside is other drivers, and what they can do to your car. OUCH.

i drive mine everyday, rain or shine... put away only for new york winters... Last spring i put 3000 miles on my amx in a month, 8 hour round trip every weekend plus normal miles during the week.

I drive mine whenever I want.

I usually want to when it's nice out cause I love to have the windows down.

Looks like today its 32 here.....but its SUNNY!

Going driving for sure.

Mop

Attachments

• 100_3588.jpg
    59.7 KB · Views: 329
I put it on the trailer when I go to the strip. I have been known to break
things.
I drive it to 95% of the shows. It is only trailered to show more than 4 hrs.
away.
But I have also driven it for 4 hrs.

Attachments

• Vacation 251.jpg
    83.6 KB · Views: 316
I talked to a couple guys at the show that have gear vendors overdrive. $2600 could buy a lot of gas but the cruise speed would be so nice. (360, holley 750 4150hp mech sec, 3.91 suregrip, 26" tires, xe284 comp cam, ede heads, rpm air gap,727 2800 stall, turbo action full manual vb)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZIt2L6Js0Cs
More to an od than saving gas, sure is nice not listening to 3300 rpm for hours while going somewhere. My old off road truck had 4.56's with a 31" tire. Thing would give you a headache driving it. Used to have boxes of those yellow foam ear plugs in the glove box. My Fairlane has an od in it, sure was nice cruising at 85 mph with out listening to it. Not to mention 23mpg in an old car is kind of cool.....

-
Back