Trans Brake benefits

-

joes68340s

Reaction score
Thinking about switching to a trans brake for a Bracket car. What are the Benefits or pros and cons. Is there a certain speed or ET that is best to start at. I run mid 11s with a 340 and 727. I am thinking about going to a 904 with a brake. If a person is slower on there reaction time is it a benifit. Thanks

Benefit I like is the consistency...using a msd 6al and 2 step..I know the launch rpm will always be the same, I don't have to look at the tach ...can concentrate on tree....

As far as better reaction times...you still have to let go of the button..

I don't know where you race at, but you may need to check the rules.
We have two classes at our local track, No-electronics & Electronics.
The No-E class will have cars from the high 9 to 12 second range, most full bodied.
The electronics (S/Pro) races is about 90% dragstars, even with a trans-brake in full body cars, the dragsters still have the advantage.
The transbrake should improve your R/T & coupled with a delay box & leaving off the top bulb will let anybody be an "ACE" on reaction time.

I have always been a foot brake racer. Reason I ask is I have severe nerve damage in back and legs. Im just wondering if I might benefit from it.

The trans brake also allows you to get higher into the converter stall speed without pushing through the beams, more into the powerband, but the shockloading when it is released is harder on drivetrain components

I have always been a foot brake racer. Reason I ask is I have severe nerve damage in back and legs. Im just wondering if I might benefit from it.

I would think so. The only drawback would be the other type of cars running in your class.
Some tracks have a No-Box class, you can run a T/Brake without a delay box & would be more competitive in a class like that.

out west....Super Pro is electronic class (7.50 to 11.99 et)....Pro is non electronic class.but trans-brakes are allowed (7.50 to 13.99)

Tony, I see you changed your picture. Will you be comming to Sac this Sept.

Have no idea what i will be doing in 5 months...lol

will see...what was thinking more like maybe bakersfield for monster mopar....

Some divisions allows T/brakes in Pro.
Our track went to No-Box last year, trying to pull some Kansas cars in for this reason.

transbrake gives me better reaction time & the car is more consistant. The car is 71 demon s.b. auto. with ladder bars. The reaction from your brain to hand is quicker, than from your brain to your foot. finding a good transbrake button is one of the key pieces.

Trans-Brake with a rotary rpm switch is the a great way to dial in your reaction time to your race day.

-
Back