Transgo or B&M shift kit?

-

fnaramore

POWEEERRRRRR
Reaction score
Anyone have any experience or preference between the Transgo TF-2 and B&M transpak kit (or a shift kit you prefer over these two)? It's going in a 1973 904 torqueflite.

The TF-2 is a great kit. I talked to a reputable trans shop and that's what they recommended.

transgo for me also, rebuilt my 727 with all the goodies (kevlar bands, racing clutches, hd sprags, etc) and it never even thinks of missing a shift, and i dont just "drive" it i make all that 600 hp work!

transgo for me also, rebuilt my 727 with all the goodies (kevlar bands, racing clutches, hd sprags, etc) and it never even thinks of missing a shift, and i dont just "drive" it i make all that 600 hp work!

haha okay cool! any other things you would suggest as long as I have the trans pan off?

Ive been using the b&m kit for about 5 years now, its probably not as good as the trans but it works great for me on a performance street machine.

Haven't used a B&M transpack but I have used numerous Trans-go TF-2 kits and they have always worked great. The only issue I have ran into with them is they tell you to grind down the throttle pressure valve to .281" (9/32). I no longer grind any off of it because every one that I've taken down to their spec don't seem to want to kick down (passing gear) automatically above 35-40 mph even when the throttle pressure linkage is adjusted to the max. By not grinding the valve down it makes tuning the kickdown easier IMO

I got a Griner manual VB, with red clutches/kolene steels, kevlar bands... it shift really hard

The TF-2 seems to be the kit that most people use. Member VOETOM has a lot of experience with Torqueflights and that is what he recommends. Here is an article that he wrote twenty years ago recommending Transgo parts.

Tom's Guide to the Torqueflight

.................I have used the Trans-Go -2 in many trannys..........they all need a little tuning.....its my personal choice..........kim......

Kim

I'm glad you said that, cause that's just what I did. Waiting for spring to try it out. I called and talked to Paul.

-
Back