TransGo TF-2 Question

-

guzzimike

Reaction score
OK, so what exactly does the TF-2 kit do..?

Is it:

A) FIRMER SHIFTS

B) FASTER SHIFTS

C) Both A and B

D) Neither A or B

Thank you for your time

I'll go with C! Do I get a prize? :) Seriously, as the as the tranny's in good shape, the TF-2 will give you much more "positive" shifts! I've heard nothing but good things about it.

Another question about the tf2 is can you install it at home even if you aren't the best with transmissions or is it only for the professionals?

I was just reading another thread on the TF-2. I'll bump it up to the top for ya!

DING: DING: JD340 you get the daily prize for the correct answer of both A and B.:cheers:

As far as installing it at home you need basic hand tools and you need to have a good clean working environment as any dirt that gets in the system can wreak havoc. The instructions are pretty clear so as long as you read them before you start and do exactly what they say step by step it should be no problem.

Just installed one in my 904. I was really nervous about doing it. but it is so much easier than you think it is. The TF-2 gives you 2 different options for towing or street/strip in the same kit. As long as you follow the directions really close there is no problems. One tip is to remove the linkages then remove the valve body in one piece then take it apart. If you drop a couple of the balls on the work bench like I did, the kit even shows you were all of the balls go when they are done.
You will need to retain your kickdown linkage also even though you shift manually.

How much is the TF-2 kit?
How long did it take you to do and do you have any experiance with tranny work before this. As in can a total rookie do it?

Thanks, rehtorical (SP?) question.

$60 bucks huh? Not bad, not bad. Thanks for the link.

i'm thinking about this kit also..but i was curious on why you'd have to retain your lickdown linkage if you shift manually??

.............Its a manual and auto shift in 1 kit, so u still need the throttle pressure 4 the shift points while letting ur trans shift automatically.........no KD means ur trans will burn out from not enough pressure...............kim.....

so the TF3 is a full manual shift set up...is this kit over all better in performance then the TF2? and it could be installed on a bone stock 727

RANT!

Got the trans-go TF-2 kit and no 904 gasket! Grrrrr.

Nothin like havin your toy down for a waiting game.

RANT!

Got the trans-go TF-2 kit and no 904 gasket! Grrrrr.

Nothin like havin your toy down for a waiting game.

Man that stinks! Was there a 727 gasket in it? I thought they usually have both but it's been awhile since I did one and I have never done a 904 so I may have overlooked it not being there. I know mine have always has a 727 gasket in it.

BTW: I have a bunch of 904 gaskets. Just say the word and I'll send you some.

YEP! just a 727 gasket. Thanks man, but, I sent it right back to summit and said ;

"I ethier need a 904 kit or it's missing a gasket for the 904. Theres a 727 gasket in there. Is there a 727 kit only? Do I need a 904 only kit."

I seriously just don't know. I'm running out of time and weather to do ths plus I just took on a 1/2 dozen carbs to rebuild. My bench is littered with Carters, I have no room to be playing around. I may just farm this out and catch up on sleep in the guys waiting room.

YEP! just a 727 gasket. Thanks man, but, I sent it right back to summit and said ;

"I ethier need a 904 kit or it's missing a gasket for the 904. Theres a 727 gasket in there. Is there a 727 kit only? Do I need a 904 only kit."

I seriously just don't know. I'm running out of time and weather to do ths plus I just took on a 1/2 dozen carbs to rebuild. My bench is littered with Carters, I have no room to be playing around. I may just farm this out and catch up on sleep in the guys waiting room.

It's the same kit for both. I don't know why they don't send a 904 gasket. Don't make sense not to send a gasket for a 904 if it fits a 904 trans. also??

I'm tellin ya! It was a sealed box as well. Not knowing alot about tranny's, I called and spoke to a rep on it. I was wondering if he gave me the worng kit or it was short a gasket. Glad to know I was short a gasket.

I wanted to do this in combo with Sumit's deep 904 pan. It's a nice part with super thick pan rails. I didn't like the super thin paper gasket, but......A new rubber one is up the block.

100_0722.jpg

Yeah it must just be short a gasket cause you can actually interchange 904 and 727 valve bodies as long as you use the correct parking pawl rod for your trans. That is a super nice pan. I may have to get one of them one of these days and replace this drippy Mopar perf. pan. So much stuff needed and so little money.:sad11:

-
Back