Transmission Cooling Line Fittings

-

MrJLR

Built, not bought
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
I need to completely replace my transmission line fittings at the radiator.
The threads are all jacked and leaking.....
What fittings should I buy? Link?
Also going to buy a flare kit...any recommendations?

Tips or tricks?

Jeff

If it's a chinesium radiator, you're fucked. As best I can find, they aren't available over here.

But I too second the cooler notion

I am about to put a fresh 727 in my Duster and considering bypassing the Radiator and going with a decent size cooler. It has one now but runs through radiator then cooler then back to trans with oem lines. Any decent flexible lines anyone had luck with out there?

I need to completely replace my transmission line fittings at the radiator.
The threads are all jacked and leaking.....
What fittings should I buy? Link?
Also going to buy a flare kit...any recommendations?

Tips or tricks?

Jeff

I appreciate all the advice, but no one's really addressed what I asked....lol.
At this time, I don't want to add a transmission cooler...just want fit my existing lines...

Jeff

I appreciate all the advice, but no one's really addressed what I asked....lol.
At this time, I don't want to add a transmission cooler...just want fit my existing lines...

Jeff
Jeff, not sure exactly what happened in your case. I will say, my Chinese Champions have always fit the tranny lines and worked fine. I don't think it's the Chinese deal....
I guess i'm not clear on what's leaking. Is it the fittings that go into the radiator? Or the lines to the fittings?

It not leaking at the radiator, it's leaking where there lines connect to the fittings. ....
They're old and jacked up....new fittings and flares would solve it....
I just don't know the correct fittings or about flaring them....

Jeff

These are what you need. I can't vouch for the vendor though.
Mopar A B C E F Body Transmission Cooler Line Radiator Fittings NEW
mopar-b-c-e-f-body-transmission-cooler-line-radiator-fittings-new_381627238964.jpg

^^And you can buy those at any 'real' auto parts store. "Somewhere in the back" they have a plastic cabinet with color coded drawers

Last time I needed some I bought a handful from a local junkyard for $1.
They had the teansmissions already out in an area.

Not a corporate type "Pick-an-Pull", mind you, but a plain old salvage yard.

^^And you can buy those at any 'real' auto parts store. "Somewhere in the back" they have a plastic cabinet with color coded drawers

"real" auto parts stores? do any even exist any more? don't think anyone around here carries them.

"real" auto parts stores? do any even exist any more? don't think anyone around here carries them.

Here in town, the small NAPA carries some fittings, as does "O reallys" That does NOT mean they have "the one" you need!!!

Ok....found the fittings at an aircraft supply store by the airport. ..!
Gonna buy a flare kit...

20170515_164729.jpg

Jeff

Last edited:
-
Back