Transmission identification

-

Dusted73

Reaction score
Can you guys help me identify if this is a A833 a body trans? I'm looking to possibly purchase it for my now 904 equiped duster.

Screenshot_20221107-212330_Messenger.png

Screenshot_20221107-212322_Messenger.png

The great thing about changing a 904 to a 4-speed is that the driveshaft is the same!

There is an O/D version and a non O/D version of the 833. Make sure it's the one that you want.

Looks like the large bearing retainer so OD trans is likely

tell us all the numbers from this raised pad on the side.

D9D822BE-3951-4AF4-9881-ECDC995F6BDE.jpeg

Dumb question but is this a fairly straight forward swap? Will I have to modify my factory tunnel? Or should I scrap the Idea and do a manual valve body trans?

There is a bit of work....tunnel, installation of the z bar linkage, installation of pedals plus parts - bellhousing, clutch and TO bearing, shift rods and shifter. I believe the OD trans has the low 3.09 first gear. Do you know what shape the A833 is in? Your crank needs to be able to accept a pilot bushing too....not sure if they are all drilled for one or not.

There is a bit of work....tunnel, installation of the z bar linkage, installation of pedals plus parts - bellhousing, clutch and TO bearing, shift rods and shifter. I believe the OD trans has the low 3.09 first gear. Do you know what shape the A833 is in? Your crank needs to be able to accept a pilot bushing too....not sure if they are all drilled for one or not.
The trans comes with an engine as well not sure if he has a bellhousing as well

That raised pad will have stamped info. Hard to get a good photo. Write it down and post it here fora decode.

that raised casting number doesn’t mean much.

-
Back