-
Status
Not open for further replies.

Markiej824

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
Hi everyone! I have a 1971 Dodge Demon 340 and I've been looking for a transmission rod clip for the kickdown linkage. The one i have broke when taking it off :angry7:. I tried the local junkyards to only find the opposite of the one I need. And the ones selling at the autoparts stores are too small. And all the others I've checked sell the whole kickdown linkage and not parted, they even said they don't sell replacement hardwares separately either. People have been telling me to just buy a new one but $350 and up is way out of my budget right now especially since the whole linkage I have is still in great condition except for the clip. Anyone got a spare or know where I can get it?

Thanks all!

MarkieJ824

will this work for you?

DSC08010.jpg

DSC08011.jpg

DSC08013.jpg

Broken but opposite dont seem right to me. I might be wrong but shouldn't the same clip work when flipped ?
I'm missing one clip also. That huge square backed one wont suit my application. It interfears and limits travel.
I think the one pictured with tape measure might work for either of us.
Good luck

some of the rods have a small hole in them. On mine I used a washer and a cotter pin and freed up a clip to use elsewhere.

I bought an assorted box and the largest one which was 1/4" like the one jtisdale posted is small. And I thought it would work too Redfish but it doesn't. I tried positioning it different ways but no go. I tried to see if there was a small hole to do the washer and cotter pin trick but no hole.

Thanks guys...gonna try a different dealership in my area this saturday...hopefully they'll be able to help me out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back