Travel to California

-

henrikolsson

Reaction score
Hello everyone!

My wife and i am going to california 29/3-7/4, We are going to rent a car and try to visit a lot of Nice stuff. It would be really nice to visit some car shows or dragracing. Any suggestions?

Thank's //Henrik

What part of california? In Northern California (near wine country - plus some nice breweries) Sonoma speedway has the NHRA drags close to that weekend and open Wednesday's for everyone for drags

Hey Henrik, let us know what part of California you're visiting and I'll post up some recommendations for you. California is a big state and there is a lot to see.

A year ago we drove to LA. Did the open bus tour and hit the beach. Plenty of restaurants with great food. Pitfalls included a lot of traffic, extended drive times, and pay for parking or restricted parking in areas. Was over 4 bucks a gallon for gas at some places.

If you decide to come further east, be careful you don't fall in this hole!

Attachments

• Canyon.jpg
    61.1 KB · Views: 149
  • LAGas.jpg
    44.1 KB · Views: 162
AHhhh...CALIFORNIA!!! Where the most beautiful women .....ARE MEN!!!

Treblig

That's the tricky part, to decide where to go, we are landing at LAX and a Crysler 300 is wating there. I'we got a friend in Fresno, so that's a stop. We're thinking about Yosemite national park and/or death walley. We ar also certenly going to hit the coast road north to San francisco or the other way around, so Sonoma raceway is a good tip!
A must do is finding a good parts dealer for some parts for my 360 build.

Since your coming into L.A. and heading north, I would recommend the Hearst Castle. I know it is not a racing venue but it is pretty cool.

AHhhh...CALIFORNIA!!! Where the most beautiful women .....ARE MEN!!!

Treblig

Well you know what they say about Texas...

[ame="https://youtu.be/vyFSdj1J5Vw"]https://youtu.be/vyFSdj1J5Vw[/ame]

If you're going to be here in April, Spring Fling, which is pretty much the biggest car show on the West Coast happens April 23rd and 24th. More info here http://www.cpwclub.com/. Maybe autoXcuda will chime in, he's heavily involved. There's also some Mopar events the week before, including a drive from Northern California down the coast, as well as a Mopar track day at Willow Springs.

Yosemite is beautiful, as is Big Sur if you're going to be heading up/down the coast. Although if you're hitting the coast, LA and Fresno you have A LOT of driving to do. Just LA to San Fransisco via the coast will take over 7 hours. And there is absolutely no good way to get from Fresno to the coast or vice-versa, although that will put you close to Yosemite. Fortunately gas is only about $2.05 a gallon right now in Northern California, so don't listen to the east coasters on that accord. It will be more expensive in LA, but cheaper in Fresno.

If you'll be here on April 23 and 24, 2016 Spring Fling will be a blast for you.

We always get people from Scandinavia, Germany, Australia, Canada. Many buy parts or cars and ship them back.

Click here for more info
www.cpwclub.com

A year ago we drove to LA. Did the open bus tour and hit the beach. Plenty of restaurants with great food. Pitfalls included a lot of traffic, extended drive times, and pay for parking or restricted parking in areas. Was over 4 bucks a gallon for gas at some places.

If you decide to come further east, be careful you don't fall in this hole!

Hey that picture of San Vincente and Olympic is a block down from my elemtery school. My part of town!

You go north there on Fairfax to get to the Petersen museum and: Fairfax High, Farmers Market,by the Grove, CBS studios, and Canters Deli....

-
Back