Trick Flow harmonic balancer install

-
The 3 fingers "sit" inside the balancer. The bottom one sits outside. Too big for all to completely fit in( of course) and too small to completely sit on outside flush.
It'll still work. It doesn't need to be flat against the balancer. In fact, you just need a couple bolts on opposite sides. Just make sure they're long enough.

Last edited:
OK, so shook the stupidity off(for now). Removed TF and compared measurements to oem 69 340 balancer. Extremely close in measurements, or at least the ones that matter. Timing marks in "wrong" spot for my application, so did the math and came up with 0.06" per degree. I've seen 0.04", which is wrong for my application. On my build I've discovered a few "specs" now that are NOT absolutes.
Circumference = pi×diameter
3.14x7"
=21.98" ÷360*
= 0.061" per degree. I verified this by checking the TF markings already on balancer. Set balancer in bucket of hot water to help install and used the rope trick coming up on compression to get 135 lb/ft.
Thanks for the help folks. :thumbsup:

**Edit**, I forgot to add I also gave it a couple coats of clear before install.
Thanks for heads up from a few members that while the balance looks nice, it's cheaply painted and not durable.
Oh also the weight difference is substantial, TF=5kg, and oem= 3.2kg.

20240119_113002.jpg

20240120_120402.jpg

Last edited:
OK, so shook the stupidity off(for now). Removed TF and compared measurements to oem 69 340 balancer. Extremely close in measurements, or at least the ones that matter. Timing marks in "wrong" spot for my application, so did the math and came up with 0.06" per degree. I've seen 0.04", which is wrong for my application. On my build I've discovered a few "specs" now that are NOT absolutes.
3.14x7"
=21.98" ÷360*
= 0.061" per degree. I verified this by checking the TF markings already on balancer. Set balancer in bucket of hot water to help install and used the rope trick coming up on compression to get 135 lb/ft.

View attachment 1716195447

View attachment 1716195448

Never had one of those dampers in my hands but…every other damper I’ve ever seen was 7.25 inches.

And I just ran the math and it didn’t really make a pinch of poo difference. So you are golden.

I figured that quarter inch would make more than a couple of thou difference. The math says I was wrong.

Thanks, yep, 1/4" didn't make much diff at all. Not sure where 0.04" came from? My verniers are only 6", but my measuring I fingered was close enough.
If you do the math backwards based on 0.04....
360*×0.04= 14.4"
14.4÷pi(3.14)= diameter
4.5"???
Never had one of those dampers in my hands but…every other damper I’ve ever seen was 7.25 inches.

And I just ran the math and it didn’t really make a pinch of poo difference. So you are golden.

I figured that quarter inch would make more than a couple of thou difference. The math says I was wrong.

I forgot to mention about the rope trick, the rockers should have been off. Sorry my bad. Im glad it worked for you any way.

3.14x7"
=21.98" ÷360*

**Edit**, I forgot to add I also gave it a couple coats of clear before install.
Thanks for heads up from a few members that while the balance looks nice, it's cheaply painted and not durable.
Oh also the weight difference is substantial, TF=5kg, and oem= 3.2kg.

View attachment 1716195447

View attachment 1716195448
Then I would get the rotating assambly balanced with that balancer. I know lots of ppl will say it doesn’t matter. But it does. Kim.

-
Back