Trick Flow small block heads

-
Group hug needed. If there are any young good looking girls on this site I think I’ll begin there. Have a great weekend everyone

I am here to see whats new with the trick flow heads and to add whatever experience I can since i own a set,what have you contributed?

Well on that note, have you had a chance to put them on yet? As you can tell we are all dying to get more information on these.

Last edited:
Well on that note, have you had a chance to put them on yet? As you can tell we are all dying to to get more information on these.
Not yet,I had an issue with the cam I was going to run originally so I had lunati do a custom grind solid for me which is what I should have done in the first place. They were two weeks out so I should have it done in a couple weeks. Unfortunately I won't have timeslips until August at the earliest but that is the plan. It will have 10.5 compression, 247/251 .559/.570 solid flat tappet cam on a 108 ls,ported rpm intake and a 750 holley street hp so it should do all right.

Not yet,I had an issue with the cam I was going to run originally so I had lunati do a custom grind solid for me which is what I should have done in the first place. They were two weeks out so I should have it done in a couple weeks. Unfortunately I won't have timeslips until August at the earliest but that is the plan. It will have 10.5 compression, 247/251 .559/.570 solid flat tappet cam on a 108 ls,ported rpm intake and a 750 holley street hp so it should do all right.

I haven't added squat diddly on trick flow heads because I don't have a pair and I haven't even had the chance to see them up close and in person... I'm curious just like the other people that don't have them.
What does qualify one to discuss this subject?
Now on with the subject and my first question.. what engine is it on? Stroker? 360? 340? Abody? This Is The Stuff I'd rather talk about on this forum...

Last edited by a moderator:
For the record I ported probably 85% of my heads that I'm running on my car right now... I had the Machine Shop do a couple hours of touch up after the 202's were cut in...
It did teach me I never want to do that again! LOL so any information on a head that's bolt on ready to go is certainly something I want to hear about and talked about...

OK fellas.
It was requested that this thread be cleaned up. It was difficult to decide where to start and stop. So I tried to go back to the last real discussion you were having prior to what turned into a personal argument and slanderfest. I think this should be a good place to start again. If you think I deleted your post unfairly, too bad. I had to start somewhere! I see plenty of valuable input here (way over my head!).
Keep that coming.
Thanx all for your patience and understanding. :)

I apologize for yammering. I'll sit in the corner quietly.
OK fellas.
It was requested that this thread be cleaned up. It was difficult to decide where to start and stop. So I tried to go back to the last real discussion you were having prior to what turned into a personal argument and slanderfest. I think this should be a good place to start again. If you think I deleted your post unfairly, too bad. I had to start somewhere! I see plenty of valuable input here (way over my head!).
Keep that coming.

OK fellas.
Keep that coming.

So what you are saying is....

Toy Story Sid GIF - ToyStory Sid Woody - Discover & Share GIFs

5AE2D5F3-2952-4F90-AAEE-D58D044B366F.jpeg
my dart is 2990 with me on the line 68 340 block 430 inch trick flow heads cleaned up a little 1/8 mile last weekend 11 shakedown runs on freshened motor after 2 seasons of thrashing on it Raced yesterday and Friday quarter mile and let her rip rings are not seated yet and last years tires will go quicker as it breaks in. Trans brake down to 3 k still blew tires off foot braked her at 1800 against my buddy’s 71 cuda440 car

View attachment 1715360400 my dart is 2990 with me on the line 68 340 block 430 inch trick flow heads cleaned up a little 1/8 mile last weekend 11 shakedown runs on freshened motor after 2 seasons of thrashing on it Raced yesterday and Friday quarter mile and let her rip rings are not seated yet and last years tires will go quicker as it breaks in. Trans brake down to 3 k still blew tires off foot braked her at 1800 against my buddy’s 71 cuda440 car

I'd say that is a pretty good result. What did it wear before the TF heads and what would it run?

Closed chambered 202 eddys Best was a 6.204. 9.87. Yesterday that 6.170 put a big smile on my face. New tires will be here this week in time for woodburn

Machinist said a little light showed around a couple valves just cleaned them up a little to seat better overall he was impressed for out of the box heads

Closed chambered 202 eddys Best was a 6.204. 9.87. Yesterday that 6.170 put a big smile on my face. New tires will be here this week in time for woodburn

So are going to the Nationals in a couple of weeks? If so I would love to see your car run!

View attachment 1715360400 my dart is 2990 with me on the line 68 340 block 430 inch trick flow heads cleaned up a little 1/8 mile last weekend 11 shakedown runs on freshened motor after 2 seasons of thrashing on it Raced yesterday and Friday quarter mile and let her rip rings are not seated yet and last years tires will go quicker as it breaks in. Trans brake down to 3 k still blew tires off foot braked her at 1800 against my buddy’s 71 cuda440 car
Impressive!, is this you Rich?

You may have that figured out , but u ain`t got a clue on punctuation !

What had been done to old Edelbrock heads? How were they prepared in comparison to new Trick Flow heads?

-
Back