truck driver 110 year sentence reduced to 10

-
Isnt it though?:rolleyes:
I would like to politely disagree

A country simply can not operate as a unit if there isn't a uniform language (certain exceptions like Switzerland noted)

I dont know how long the process is to gain legal access into Canada, but my visa process into the US took almost 2 years

That is more then enough time to learn English, or really any other one language

To seek residence in a country without knowing its language is not going to benefit anyone (and it also contributes to ghetto forming since people will look for other people who speak the same language)

It is my conviction that each country should have its own language and only serve its residents in that language

Perhaps this situation would have been avoided

I believe this is great! We are now reaping what we sow! The”dumbing down of america” is in full view! Now we are seeing exactly what we will accept for our”convenience”! What will we do if it saves”one life”? That also depends on saving the life of a starving illegal/immigrant or an American citizen! Whether this guy gets a hundred years or off with parole makes absolutely no difference! This is the beginning of the end because you will not make the hard choices. Your”convenience”is how you will react. You will weigh the pro’s and con’s and eventually come to the conclusion that-four lives-not your family of course- is a very good trade for your”convenience”! You don’t have to answer now but revisit this in a year, you will find your answer has found you.

Must be nice, never having a mistake in your life. If it was a member of my family, I could never forget, but sending someone away for forever doesn’t bring them back. As far as immigration goes, are you a descendant of Sitting Bull?

Nope.
I'm a descendant of a family that had to wait for 20 years to get into this country legally, and had to have a sponsor, a job, a place to live, and speak the language to get in.
It wouldn't bother me a bit to see those rules back in place.

back in the mid 70s carolina western express had a driver from turkey, even wore a tubin! he couldnt speak much english but thay trained him well and when he went solo thay had him run with a group of trucks to california and back till he was able to handle it by him self! ol boy ended up making a hell of a good hand, few years later he bought a truck of his own and did good with it to! by 1998 he had bout 10 big peterbilts running california every week! being a foreigner ant the issue, proper training and learning to communicate with shippers and receivers, and reading road signs is whats important!!

Must be nice, never having a mistake in your life. If it was a member of my family, I could never forget, but sending someone away for forever doesn’t bring them back. As far as immigration goes, are you a descendant of Sitting Bull?
If you are pointing this at me I am in fact Native American. If there is no consequence for breaking laws then laws are worthless.

Everyone, and I mean everyone makes mistakes.... A friend of mine who has passed was having issues with his Stepson. The boy had crossed a point in his life where he needed to understand that some mistakes can't be undone. My friend was the master of selling himself and the kid is now a family man with a big career.

So throwing "mistakes" into a general bucket doesn't work. If I were a family member of the deceased I would not want this kid to rot his life in Jail. I would however have major resentment of the system that put him behind the wheel. Greed and gloat....

Give it another week and it will just be something that happened in 2021....

JW

-
Back