True Holley parts????????

-

Mrmopartech

Reaction score
This rant is about weather holley has started out out sourceing there O-rings to china and causing pre-mature failure to the ring and causing need and seat failure to the carb causing flooding and fire.I say this because a buddy ford falcon 65,has a great little small block in it.Ask to rebuild the carb last year and re jet it and set it up,no big deal and I get it done and run the car and it,s perfect.he starts it up a few times to move it and do the finishing touches and thats it,moves the car out of the garage 3-4 times does the work and back in,NO BIG DEAL RIGHT.Today he does the same thing,complete flooding and back fire and fire under the hood,I will also mention it was a new paint on the car,WAS.After calling me I rush over and take the carb apart,and both needle/seat assembly,s,the O-rings have turn to dust,and shreded with small particals through out the carb,so I warn you now and please check the o-rings big time as this is no where near normal for any make or brand,and please if they are buying from china,we need to do some thing to not let our cars/trucks burn up because of a .10 cent o-ring,mrmopartech

PM me if you feel you have had the same type of situation so we can call them about this,mrmopartech

I don't know. I would not be surprised.

In the early seventies, I had braided line everywhere there was not steel tube, except for a 2" long piece of Gates brand fuel hose connecting from the filter to the carb. It had a slight bend, perhaps 10 degrees. The thing cracked at the outside of the bend and started an underhood fire one day

The hose and filter were about a year old

I haven't heard anything, even if they were from China one year is not a long time. The fire might have caused them to char. Did he have a new or at least cleaned and coated fuel tank? New fuel lines? New filter before carb? I would bet more on crud being stuck in the needle and seat

I bought a Holley sight plug for the fuel bowl and it fell apart on its first 5 minute drive. The piece literally cracked in half and started dribbling gas down onto the intake manifold. I had to dig the remainder of the piece out. It was brand new off the shelf too.

I have read that E85 gas damages rubber in the fuel system. Ethanol is garbage.
Just my $.02.

I have read that E85 gas damages rubber in the fuel system. Ethanol is garbage.
Just my $.02.

Nothing against you, but this is getting to be a "tired" excuse. Alky has been with us long enough by now, that ALL fuel products, everywhere should be "compatible."

Your .02 is worthless
Research, research. Preach what you know,not what you read or heard.

You don't, do enough research... California is up to 15-17 %, & we pay more per gallon for it. Holley started shipping green treated accelerator pumps ,& matching gaskets, more than a decade ago. Del is spot on, here.

You don't, do enough research... California is up to 15-17 %, & we pay more per gallon for it. Holley started shipping green treated accelerator pumps ,& matching gaskets, more than a decade ago. Del is spot on, here.

The pumps here is So Cal I fill up say "up to 10% ethanol".

Or do you mean gas cost 15-17% more here.

I need to apologize to AutoX... I saw this article somewhere, I can't find it., anywhere. So considered a bad post on my part.

I tuned my combo to run on 87E10 back in year 99 or so. I have had zero, thats ZERO,fuel issues, since then. I have run 11.2 Scr on it,without issue.I surmise, thats an educated guess, that I could run an even higher Scr on E10. My car goes 93 in the 1/8. I KNOW that E10,( thats 10%alchohol), is NOT garbage.That engine now has more than 100,000 miles on it, and is nearly as strong today as it ever was.
Thats what I know.
You can fling poo at me all day long.That wont change one thing.
Saying alky is garbage, from something read, is worthless information.

And remind me what guys with detonation issues often inject to suppress it.
I consider E10 as gas with a built-in detonation suppressant in it.You just up size the fuel delivery, and away you go. Getting enough gas into the engine of a streeter is never an issue.I imagine at some horsepower level it could be, but how many of us can afford an engine like that, and the chassis to go with it?

When oxygenated gas came to our community and was mandated as the only available fuel, everybody was up in arms, saying what are we gonna do? I built my little 367, and showed a few guys what 87E10 could do. And I'm no genius. I just wasnt afraid of it. For a couple of years there I had a nice little side job, retuning engines. And that led to other work.

I bought a Holley sight plug for the fuel bowl and it fell apart on its first 5 minute drive. The piece literally cracked in half and started dribbling gas down onto the intake manifold. I had to dig the remainder of the piece out. It was brand new off the shelf too.

I had a similar experience, but not as catastrophic.
The plug clouded over very soon after installation and became useless. When I took it out, parts of it crumbled off.

I need to apologize to AutoX... I saw this article somewhere, I can't find it., anywhere. So considered a bad post on my part.

Would not surprise me the least if he signed or is pushing a bill for that.

I had a similar experience, but not as catastrophic.
The plug clouded over very soon after installation and became useless. When I took it out, parts of it crumbled off.

I don't have the plugs sitting in front of me, but right on the package it states something like: "Not for long-term use. Use only for setting float level." Obviously Holley knows that those clear plastic plugs can't stand up to the solvents in gasoline.

As for the needle & seat deteriorating, I wouldn't use any old (rubber) ones that have been sitting on the shelf a few years. All rubber dries out over time, and stuff made prior to a few years ago might not work with today's fuels. Also, they do make all-metal needle & seats. Might not be a bad idea.

The thread in plastic HOLLEY sight plugs #26-113 aren't meant to be left on the carburetor. Read the instructions. The package I have at home says it plain and clear that they are to be used for float adjustment only and removed once the floats are set. I've purchased a set or two and they worked great as intended.

I don't have the plugs sitting in front of me, but right on the package it states something like: "Not for long-term use. Use only for setting float level."

I dont recall that. But theres lots of things I dont recall. In any case, it was just a short time later. Thanks all the same, for the clarification.

-
Back