trunk locked

-
Damn! Just car parts...I was waiting for the story about the body that was stashed there! :snakeman:

Glad you responded, thought you might have wiggled in there and were unable to get back out lol..

Grant

Take out the rear seat, it's extremely easy and I do it at junkyards all the time.
it takes only a couple minutes start to finish.
A long *** extension and a 1/2" socket will open it.

By the way, here's another good tip: When you are in the junkyard and find a trunk without the lock...If you don't have a screwdriver to open it with, the engine DIPSTICK works every time!

Tell ya what I did.... I installed a 75 Chrysler New Yorker electric trunk lock on my 67 cuda so I don't really need a trunk key any longer. I come up with all kind of reasons to "pop the trunk" when I'm at a car show... lol!

I'm having a similar issue with my 74 Dart Swinger. I have the key but the trunk won't open. How do I get the back seat out? Do I have to unbolt it?

i took a piece of the strip that shelve brackets fit in. the kind you use 1x10,s for shelving. Bent the end 90 degrees and slipped the slot over the end of the lock tab and twisted. works great. Everyone that says use a screwdriver is forgetting about the piece between the lock and mechanism that slips thru the mechanism.The rectangle slot in the shelve bracket fits this well.

No bolts? I've been trying to take the bottom out and it has been kicking my tail. I got one side out but as soon as I touched the other side it popped back in place. ARGH!

simple lock to pick go to a locksmith and have keys made should not cost too much

I watched a locksmith make a key for my trunk, he put some machinist dye on the key inserted it and turned it so that the impressions showed where the tumbler outlines were , then all he did was file the key to match the impressions.

I watched a locksmith make a key for my trunk, he put some machinist dye on the key inserted it and turned it so that the impressions showed where the tumbler outlines were , then all he did was file the key to match the impressions.

cool to know

Last time I did this, I discovered I had got too fat to squeeze thru the seat braces and there was no skinny 5 year olds in sight, so I found a piece of metal tube about 3' long and about the diameter of my screwdriver handle. Jammed the screwdriver into the tube and a little thrust and par from the back seat aided by a flashlight and voila' the trunk was open.

That sounds like me. I could only get half way in. I couldn't get it open with the screwdriver so I used my speeder wrench and a couple extensions to remove the bolts from the lock assembly.

Reminds me of back in the 70's when I was messing around with my 71 340 Duster. I was going over it checking things out, when I noticed that my deck lid wasn't opening up all the way on it's own. So I put my wrenches down and climbed inside the trunk to look at what makes this thing work.

I don't know the nomenclature, but I started messing around with the rods under tension in the upper back of the trunk and I finally popped one off it's mount.

Immediately, the deck lid slammed shut and I was locked inside. Now I know how it works ! What a dope ! Good way to check for light leaks. Home Alone, locked in a trunk.

Fortunately, one of the wrenches I laid down fit the latch hold down bolts. Talk about working in the dark. Never again !

BUMP KEY!!! made one and used it to open everything, works like a charm..... JUST had my house made bump key resistant cost a small fortune but worth it...
check out the YOU TUBE on BUMP KEYS...all you need is a key fro that lock era and a file and some patience...you can OPEN ANY DOOR check it out....overall time about 25 mins to make one and get into the car/trunk

BUMP KEY!!! made one and used it to open everything, works like a charm..... JUST had my house made bump key resistant cost a small fortune but worth it...
check out the YOU TUBE on BUMP KEYS...all you need is a key fro that lock era and a file and some patience...you can OPEN ANY DOOR check it out....overall time about 25 mins to make one and get into the car/trunk

Man that's some serious s**t!!!

The scary part is...IT WORKS and as long as you know what type of KEY, you can buy a blank and do it pretty much anywhere....went and bought a key type for my house....WHOOP der it is.....tried my 90 GMC....... WHOOP der it is.....if you have the right key you can open ANY door like it's yours!!!! Pretty freaky aint it??

-
Back