-
Status
Not open for further replies.

highspeeddirt

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
I have the TRW PS pump like pictured on my 67 Barracuda. The pulley offset is wrong so my grooves are way off. (Pictured). Looking for the correct pulley or even a whole pump with the correct pulley. Thanks!

Screenshot_20210706-062914_Chrome.jpg

20210705_122429.jpg

I bet that pulley is pressed on and correct or original to the pump. Better post as much info about motor etc, or this could domino.

So pretty confident the offset is wrong. I think the pump may be off something from a salvage yard that had A/C maybe.(yellow writing on the pulley) Anyway, here are some pics of my buddies 68 compared to mine. You can see his sits closer to the pump, and the offset looks different when viewed from the front angle.
My car is a 67 Barracuda, 273 auto. Ps, manual brakes. No A/C.

received_538233153972436.jpeg

received_510300160243912.jpeg

20210705_124449.jpg

Ours is 67 barracuda 273 also, but has ac. Or original ac car. I rebuilt my pump a couple years back, same as your pump. Pulley does look slightly different. Be careful if you remove and press on another pulley.
Here is a pic of mine. I think you're right with the pulley/offset.
So pretty confident the offset is wrong. I think the pump may be off something from a salvage yard that had A/C maybe.(yellow writing on the pulley) Anyway, here are some pics of my buddies 68 compared to mine. You can see his sits closer to the pump, and the offset looks different when viewed from the front angle.

View attachment 1715761105

View attachment 1715761107

View attachment 1715761108
20180703_120032.jpg

Ours is 67 barracuda 273 also, but has ac. Or original ac car. I rebuilt my pump a couple years back, same as your pump. Pulley does look slightly different. Be careful if you remove and press on another pulley.
Here is a pic of mine. I think you're right with the pulley/offset.

View attachment 1715761117
Your offset looks just like my buddies 68. Who knows what the heck mine is off of to have the offset it has.

Did u get pump and pulley as one from wrecking yard?
Heres rebuild kit for that pump. Which I hope to never do again lol. Real leery pressing pulley back on.
Your offset looks just like my buddies 68. Who knows what the heck mine is off of to have the offset it has.

20210630_184155.jpg

Did u get pump and pulley as one from wrecking yard?
Heres rebuild kit for that pump. Which I hope to never do again lol. Real leery pressing pulley back on.

View attachment 1715761129

Just got the car a few weeks ago, and this pump was already on there.
Thanks for the rebuild kit number. Planned to do that while I had it off Was the rebuild a pain in the a$$?

Heres a thread I did on it. Be careful pressing the pulley, that was the pain!
Just got the car a few weeks ago, and this pump was already on there.
Thanks for the rebuild kit number. Planned to do that while I had it off Was the rebuild a pain in the a$$?
TRW ps pump question

My experience is that it is very difficult to replace those pulleys, and nobody sells replacements. I actually swapped to the later Saginaw pump, which is better anyway — it can keep up with quick steering inputs without protesting.

View attachment 1715761105

View attachment 1715761107

View attachment 1715761108
My 67 matches this exactly, I know the parts are original (or like original)

Alan

I was going to say that SG will hook you up. Good guy. Rebuild and sell the TRW. Not sure if Saginaw brackets are specific or not....probably are knowing Ma Mopar lol. Glad to help, good luck.
Yep, quite a bit. I think I'm going to convert to a saginaw. SGBARRACUDA is going to hook me up. I appreciate your help. I may still rebuild this TRW for "fun"

I figured. He said he got it that way so maybe the whole pump with brackets was changed from a different year or a big block pump was substituted. Kim

Its definitely a TRW pump. Never thought of it possibly being off a big block.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back