Trying to decide how to sell..

-

WesPete66

Reaction score
Hey so here's my situation. I own a 1971 Dodge Dart Swinger, and am wanting to sell but not sure how to go about it. I previously owned a 1970 Duster 340 4-spd car, which is the car I should have saved, but I wrecked it.. I knew I had to save its drivetrain, but what to do with it? So along comes this Dart, and into it goes ALL the Duster drivetrain parts. So here is my dilemma.. Do I sell the Dart as a running car, drivable with some repairs? Or am I better off to pull the engine & tranny, and group it together and sell as a 1970 Duster parts package? I do have all the stock engine parts, even the stuff l replaced with aftermarket (int/exh manifolds, dual point distr, etc.). 4-speed transmission, 3.23 posi rear end w/ Duster leaf springs
So what's your thoughts on how to go about it? And, what's it all worth?
Thanks!!

Hard to tell with out seeing the car. But I can tell you one thing it would be hard as hell to ship a motor trans and axle. So you would be shorting your list to people close by.

Obviously the Duster is wrecked pretty badly?

Sell the Dart whole, with all of the stuff from the Duster still in it and running. The sentimental value of the 340, 4 spd, and 8 3/4 Sure Grip will only mean something to you. If you're really attached to the dead Duster parts, pull it all out, sell the Dart, and then buy a 70 Duster body and build a replica of the one you mashed up.

Depends on if you are planning on making money or it's time to just let stuff go.
Anything parted usually sells for more cash than something complete.
I understand your dilemma.If you don't want to be bothered with all the work to disassemble and sell by piece,set a price for the car and see what happens.

Thanks for the replies.
So I guess the fact that I still have all the parts for the entire engine stock engine doesn't make it any more desirable? So I should go ahead and start piecing out the factory manifolds etc as they're no longer on the engine? It's not so much that it's sentimental, but I thought maybe the "package" might be more desirable to someone restoring a 1970..

And yes, the Duster is beyond repair...

Thanks for the replies.
So I guess the fact that I still have all the parts for the entire engine stock engine doesn't make it any more desirable? So I should go ahead and start piecing out the factory manifolds etc as they're no longer on the engine? It's not so much that it's sentimental, but I thought maybe the "package" might be more desirable to someone restoring a 1970..
You're just going to have to try one way or the other. If it's something you want out of your hair sell it as a package and price it cheap enough so it will move quickly.

If you have nothing but time on your hands you can piece it out which can be a major pain in the drain. Your choice, we can't decide for you.

-
Back