Trying to understand Manifold choices

-
The TQ intakes are very good. The floor has to be addressed IF it has holes for the egr. Fix that issue with plugs and or grinding if need be. Chrysler said there worth a few HP.

6 Packs are great! 30 Packs are awesome!! :lol:
6 packs are for mowing the lawn, dirty 30's are for weekends of inspired mayhem-- automobile or otherwise.

and the only reason you put a 6-pack on a car is so that you can hear other people say: "oh wow, this one's got a 6-pack" when you're at the show.

6 packs are for mowing the lawn, dirty 30's are for weekends of inspired mayhem-- automobile or otherwise.

and the only reason you put a 6-pack on a car is so that you can hear other people say: "oh wow, this one's got a 6-pack" when you're at the show.

I’ve never ever seen a fast set at the track. But then again a well tuned single four will kick a Tunnelram’s butt in most guys hands.

Thanks everyone for your help and suggestions, since I am now sure that the Block or the complete engine is not original to my Swinger, I decided to make some changes to it so I just ordered the RPM intake…….

The RPM is the intake that all other dual planes are compared to for a reason. It is the best all around street dual plane intake. Good choice.

I wish there was an aluminum MPFI intake manifold for my 1965 273, but I have seen aftermarket ones only for the Magnum and later small-blocks (different bolt angle than mine). But, if for drag racing, where you don't care about mileage or manners, a carburetor is competitive.

The RPM is a good intake but check the runners for casting shift and gasket match it. I had to correct one for a friend of mine's 360 Challenger. One side was right but the other side was about 3/32" off if I recall correctly.

One day I will find a LD340 to spiffy up.

AIR1.jpg

20200807_155906.jpg

nos3_17873760.jpg

Weight savings over the iron. Plenum style. We are about to put a Performer on a9 Barracuda's 340. That was chosen over the Air Gap due to the climate being more temperate and the car is driven when it's pretty cold out.

I love my LD340. Great for a cruiser or mild street/strip.
When you have an Airgap style manifold whether dual or single plane, a carb with annular boosters really aids fuel atomization.
I live in Alberta which has cool temperatures compared to a lot of the US. My Performer 600 functioned well on the Airgap. That said and the engine apart, I got boosters for the AVS2 650 to put in it and a 1906 calibration kit.
Here a nice summer day is 70 to 75°F. Normal is between 60 and 65°F.
Now winters, that can go down to -40° while normal is -10 to -20°F
6 Packs are great! 30 Packs are awesome!! :lol:
A 6 Pac would last me most of the summer.

-
Back