tti exhaust muffler selection

-

qkcuda

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Last year I bought a new tti 2 1/2 inch H pipe for my cuda. I will be installing tti 1 3/4 headers. My exhaust currently is 1 3/4 Hedman headers with a home built 2 1/2 inch head pipe setup into 2 1/2 inch Dynomax Super Turbo mufflers with a reducer to stock 2 1/4 inch tailpipes. I was just going to replace the headers and H pipe and reuse the mufflers and tailpipes. I am now thinking about new 2 1/2 inch tti tailpipes and new mufflers. I like the Super Turbos, but I am thinking about the longer 25 1/2 inch models to quiet it down a bit. The ones I have are 18 1/2 inches long, and shorter than stock. The reducers I used make up the difference. I see on the tti website that the 3 inch mufflers are 23 inches long, so they obviously fit. Has anyone ever tried the longer Super Turbos with the tti head and tailpipes? Just worried if there is enough room for the extra length.

Attachments

• IMG_2089.jpg
    34.8 KB · Views: 294
Their systems all fit. I have the 3inch system, xpipe with the 23inch super turbos, and their tailpipes, there's plenty of room.

That's what I needed to know, thanks. By the way, how do you like the longer Super Turbos?

I like them quieter when just cruising. They do open up when the revs are up too. Suits my expectations for this car's intended purpose.
Here's a sound clip with the TTI step headers I originally had on the car. I've gone up to the bigger tube W2 headers since this was recorded.
[ame]https://youtu.be/BR4Nrjbj-4Q[/ame]

Thanks, sounds a lot like my existing Super Turbos. As you mentioned just looking for it to be a little quieter at cruise.

I like using mufflers with an 18" can length. This was the original length for 340 cars. Only a couple companies make mufflers in that length - Magnaflow and Goerlich. I like the Goerlich Accelerators and an going back to them from Dynomax.

The X-pipe would have made it quieter. I have the short ultra-flos and it's pretty quiet while cruising. Can have a normal conversation in the car with the windows down at 70 which is about 3k rpm. There is a resonant rpm, but it's a pretty narrow band around 2k, but even that isn't too annoying.

Another tip would be to change the tips to straight out the back, stick them slightly past the bottom of the bumper as opposed to turndowns. You won't get the drumming under the car.

I love my long Dynomaxers. 3 in/3 out. The overdrive I have makes 2250 at 62mph, a very quiet cruise. But when I stand on it, everybody in my little town knows it's me:(
My turn downs go out to just barely past the rear bumper.

Anybody tried the Dynomax VT's? Supposed to be quiet at idle and cruise but straight thru when you step on it.

As long as we're on the subject. 1966 Dart, 318 with 360 heads, Edelbrock intake and 600 carb. Hemi Denny coil over front end. Which headers? I'm looking for performance and ease of installation. The trans mount has already been modified for the dual exhaust.
Any input is appreciated.
Jim

-
Back