• 2.5HX

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 3.0HX

Votes: 1 100.0%

• Total voters
-

Alan K

Reaction score
I have a 74 Duster 360 with tti headers, the car has its stock fuel tank, and also the mp offset spring hanger kit, what systems will fit, 2.5HX or 3.0HX

I know the 2-1/2 fits but do not know about the 3.

I have a 74 Duster 360 with tti headers, the car has its stock fuel tank, and also the mp offset spring hanger kit, what systems will fit, 2.5HX or 3.0HX

My '68 has a full 3" TTI w stock tank and rear spring location. The only tight spot is where the tubes bend around the front corners of the fuel tank. There in plenty of room along the sides of the tank. I also used that stick on aluminized heat shielding on the tank where the pipes pass by it.

Remember, the tube is only 1/4" larger diameter on both sides, for 1/2" total.

The car is over in the next state getting body and paint right now, but I can get you some pictures in a few weeks if you need them.

My '68 has a full 3" TTI w stock tank and rear spring location. The only tight spot is where the tubes bend around the front corners of the fuel tank. There in plenty of room along the sides of the tank. I also used that stick on aluminized heat shielding on the tank where the pipes pass by it.

Remember, the tube is only 1/4" larger diameter on both sides, for 1/2" total.

The car is over in the next state getting body and paint right now, but I can get you some pictures in a few weeks if you need them.
that would be great

@jbc426

Do remember, he has a Duster and not a '68 Cuda. IDK if that makes a difference or not.

@jbc426

Do remember, he has a Duster and not a '68 Cuda. IDK if that makes a difference or not.

It shouldn't. The frame rails are in the same place, so are the springs. Now, he does say he has the stock spring location though, and that will make a difference. With the MP kit it will be between 1/2" and 3/4" tighter on the car with the offset kit where the exhaust pipe passes the springs.

I have an offset kit on my Duster with 2.5" pipes. Mine is a 1/2" spring offset and I run it with spring sliders. The MP kit has the shackles offset 3/4", but the front hangers are a 1/2". There is not a lot of room for 3" pipes. I even bent up the corner of my gas tank a little. And with the MP "3/4" kit there will probably be a little less room, even though the resulting offset is less than 3/4".

IMG_4312.JPG

IMG_4313.JPG

I was hoping you would chime in. I know some A bodies have a narrower wheel well than others. Just don't know which ones.

I was hoping you would chime in. I know some A bodies have a narrower wheel well than others. Just don't know which ones.

On the 67-76 cars the inner wheel tub is the same on all of them. The outer tub is the one that was different, with Demons/Dusters/Dart Sports and Barracuda's having an extra inch to the quarters. Not sure if the Barracuda's use the same outer tub as the others.

But, for the purposes of exhaust clearance they're pretty much all the same. I suppose the height of the rear pipes would change things little, but really with the frame rails, springs and fuel tank in the same place I don't think it would matter much.

-
Back