TTI Exhaust with offset shackles?

-

goldduster318

Overzealous Car Modifier
Reaction score
All,

I found that my side exit exhaust doesn't jive to well with my subframe connectors and the Hotchkis rear sway bar - so I'm looking to replace the exhaust. I have the MP offset shackle setup on the car.

The engine makes 470hp and 455 lb-ft at the crank, so I'm torn between 2.5" and 3" exhaust - I have seen a 2.5" TTI setup with MP offset shackles - not sure on the ride height. Does the 3" fit? I have basically the stock ride height which gives ~3.8" from the rail to spring at the back of the tank at ride height.

Please post any pictures you have of your setup.

Just use these oval pipes and you'll have plenty of flow and space.

Treblig

Attachments

• 884e_12.JPG
    33.6 KB · Views: 258
  • vib0450416ovl_v1[1].jpg
    11.9 KB · Views: 235
  • TRANSWITHINELBOW[1].jpg
    14.9 KB · Views: 227
  • OVALELBOWSHARDWAY[1].jpg
    15.8 KB · Views: 240
I have a 318 bored 60 over and stroked, making 450 hp. I bought their system, Headers right on back to polished tips. In 2.5" X pipe not H pipe. there header flanges are the thickest ive seen. hangers are second to none. my engine builder wouldn't let me use TTIs 3" exhaust . his opinion was it wount help don't waste money or space. I guess having an exhaust that's too big for the volume off air being moved through it might be like having open headers. open headers don't help performance in most cases.
I might have some pics of the system on my members restoration page.

I have the 3" TTI exhaust and MP offset shackles I did have to shorten the right side tail pipe about 2" because of the mounting strap for a 67 A body which runs side to side not front to back. The size of exhaust does make a difference if you have to much flow and not enough back pressure you do loose HP because the exhaust is not drawn out of each cylinder and the incoming air fuel mixture get contaminated by the exhaust gasses. I hope this helps.

Attachments

• Picture 016.jpg
    74.8 KB · Views: 228
  • Picture 017.jpg
    24.5 KB · Views: 224
  • Picture 018.jpg
    45 KB · Views: 218
  • Picture 014.jpg
    42.3 KB · Views: 242
Thanks,

I'm thinking my car has a little less rear ride height. I should probably just go with 2.5" and the x pipes...and Ultra-Flos.

-
Back