tti headers for early a

-

MOPARCODY

Reaction score
im about to take the plunge and buy a set of the tti chassis headers for my car tomorrow. has anyone had any fitment issues with these? I currently have the hooker super comp that go through the fenderwells and half through the chassis and to be honest look like crap and are the junk slip tube type

find a custom pipe shop and have them made .or ask tti when you can schedual to have them put on and how much . that will give you my opinion and the answer. let us know how that works out for you. or just send them to me and I can cut them up cheaper. save the manifolds for now

i have no problem installing them myself. and what are you reffering to when you say to cut them up?

im running the factory 273 bars. nothing could be worse than the headers i pulled out of the car, it had a 383 with some custom headers built in the 70s. it was an absolute nightmare

make sure the motor is where tti wants it too..

if it was me doing another early abody i'd sacrifice some and go with the smaller tube dougs.

I just installed a set on my 66 Dart. its a small block 360. Once on they fit ok but you will probably need a mini starter, the torsion bars go thru the middle of the headers. I installed mine from the bottom. If you want more info on what all was involved Send me a pm and I will give you my phone number to call. Would I buy them again, well I dont think we have a lot of choices with an early A body. I dont have the car on the road to see if there are any additional issues but I am sure if there are they can be resolved. The headers look great once installed from the top.
Rod

I bought a pair of TTI 636a273-c4s for my car. They should be arriving some time next week or early the following, currently at the coaters (ordered 12/19)

I can update you on the install and fit after that. The car still has the factory 273

I bought a pair of TTI 636a273-c4s for my car. They should be arriving some time next week or early the following, currently at the coaters (ordered 12/19)

I can update you on the install and fit after that. The car still has the factory 273

That would be awesome. My car has a 395 hp crate motor in it with a set of edelbrock magnum style heads. I called tti today and they told me they fit perfect. As long as the engine Height is correct. I made my own solid engine mounts so I can cut them down if need be

don't get me wrong , once they are in ,it will breath gr8 .there is just a lot of headaches to go threw because it is an early A wich I love 64/65 barracuda"sive had a lot of them since 1978 and have saved 1 I bought in high school 37 years ago . make sure they got all your info , power steering or not you will have to split the tortion bar , the steering may hit , the frame needs to get cut and welded , change your plugs before you put the pipes on . watch the starter wiring and all wiring , get mini starter , keep lots of notes and messurements , watch plug wires . mabee its just TTi but they will tell you any thing to sell you there pipes if u have a 727 trans ,more headaches .
loosen 90degree oil filter mount ,don't forget to tighten keep a sawz all and welder handy gl with your install .keep pictures and notes for us .
its way more hp than the tires can handle , to chop and tub would ruin the car , pipes are not out of the question , but my buddie will make them for 1000.00 with exhaust to dump at doors if I do . not that I would sell but the market is way under valued when it comes to early A 1st gen barracuda"s ive owned this 1 37 or so years ,ITS FUNNNNNNNN

Attachments

• 100_1476.jpg
    57 KB · Views: 228
  • 100_1479.jpg
    56.4 KB · Views: 220
  • 100_1483.jpg
    55 KB · Views: 222
  • 100_1478.jpg
    49.5 KB · Views: 239
  • 100_1422.jpg
    53.6 KB · Views: 261
  • 100_1362.jpg
    53.1 KB · Views: 228
  • 100_1360.jpg
    53.3 KB · Views: 230
I knew these were in development but never seen a pair, got any pics? I liked Dougs, IIRC the went in from the top, no fuss no muss.

some pics of the dreaded Supercomps, save the fenderwells!
CAR2.jpg
CAR3.jpg

don't get me wrong , once they are in ,it will breath gr8 .there is just a lot of headaches to go threw because it is an early A wich I love 64/65 barracuda"sive had a lot of them since 1978 and have saved 1 I bought in high school 37 years ago . make sure they got all your info , power steering or not you will have to split the tortion bar , the steering may hit , the frame needs to get cut and welded , change your plugs before you put the pipes on . watch the starter wiring and all wiring , get mini starter , keep lots of notes and messurements , watch plug wires . mabee its just TTi but they will tell you any thing to sell you there pipes if u have a 727 trans ,more headaches .
loosen 90degree oil filter mount ,don't forget to tighten keep a sawz all and welder handy gl with your install .keep pictures and notes for us .
its way more hp than the tires can handle , to chop and tub would ruin the car , pipes are not out of the question , but my buddie will make them for 1000.00 with exhaust to dump at doors if I do . not that I would sell but the market is way under valued when it comes to early A 1st gen barracuda"s ive owned this 1 37 or so years ,ITS FUNNNNNNNN

The car is already mini tubbed I have a custome trans crossmember for my hooker headers. I already have a mini stater but no oil filter adapter

Yea they are a ***** to get them in, I started with the passenger one first to find out you should basically lay them in and then drop the motor on top of them and then slid the torsion bars in, and I had the steering column out as well and all of the steering gear out for max room. I had to shim 1 motor mount 1/4 and the other about an 1/8th and I put a tie down on the engine so it wouldn't lift and hit the torsion bar. And then I took them out to send it to the body shop where the car still is today. You have to remember that a standard mini starter will not fit if you have a 727 or 10.5 clutch. But yea I would do it again.

Probably missed some stuff but that's what I remember.

-
Back